10.1.0.CR1 is available! Try it out!

Some of you may have noticed that 10.1.0.CR1 was released yesterday:
http://wildfly.org/downloads/

Please give it a try and report any major issues. Provided nothing critical comes up, we will release Final next week.

Major new features include:
- Out of the box HTTP/2 support
- TLS cert auto-generation
- Load-balancing profile is now in our default domain.xml config
- Support for clustering node discovery on Azure (jgroups AZURE_PING)

Overall there are 308 issues resolved in this release:
https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12329499&styleName=Html&projectId=12313721

Thanks again!

Re: 10.1.0.CR1 is available! Try it out!

Harold Campbell
On Fri, 2016-07-29 at 15:12 -0500, Jason Greene wrote:
> Some of you may have noticed that 10.1.0.CR1 was released yesterday:
> http://wildfly.org/downloads/
>
> Please give it a try and report any major issues. Provided nothing
> critical comes up, we will release Final next week.

This is a showstopper for me.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-6898

--
Harold Campbell <[hidden email]>

I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing...
                -- Thomas Jefferson

Re: 10.1.0.CR1 is available! Try it out!

Sanne Grinovero
Thanks and congratulations!

One very minor issue, I see that the following issue is included in
the release notes, however this wasn't actually done:
 - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-6682 - Upgrade Hibernate to 5.2.0

Thanks,
Sanne

On 29 July 2016 at 21:12, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some of you may have noticed that 10.1.0.CR1 was released yesterday:
> http://wildfly.org/downloads/
>
> Please give it a try and report any major issues. Provided nothing critical comes up, we will release Final next week.
>
> Major new features include:
> - Out of the box HTTP/2 support
> - TLS cert auto-generation
> - Load-balancing profile is now in our default domain.xml config
> - Support for clustering node discovery on Azure (jgroups AZURE_PING)
>
> Overall there are 308 issues resolved in this release:
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12329499&styleName=Html&projectId=12313721
>
> Thanks again!
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: 10.1.0.CR1 is available! Try it out!

> On Jul 30, 2016, at 5:14 PM, Harold Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2016-07-29 at 15:12 -0500, Jason Greene wrote:
>> Some of you may have noticed that 10.1.0.CR1 was released yesterday:
>> http://wildfly.org/downloads/
>>
>> Please give it a try and report any major issues. Provided nothing
>> critical comes up, we will release Final next week.
>>

> This is a showstopper for me.
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-6898

Thanks for the report. I have good news. We just cut 10.1.0.Final late last week, and it contains a fix for this issue.

On Mon, 2016-08-22 at 08:43 -0500, Jason Greene wrote:

> > This is a showstopper for me.
> >
> > https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-6898
> >

> Thanks for the report. I have good news. We just cut 10.1.0.Final
> late last week, and it contains a fix for this issue.

Ah, excellent! The problem does seem to be resolved.

--
Harold Campbell <[hidden email]>

Uh-oh -- WHY am I suddenly thinking of a VENERABLE religious leader
frolicking on a FORT LAUDERDALE weekend?