7.0.0.CR1 "White Rabbit" is Released

I am happy to announce the candidate release for AS7!

In this release we closed a whopping 350 issues and made several notable
changes including

- More spec coverage!
- Clustering (Infinispan + HTTP Session Replication)
- CLI, Console, and management improvements
- Switched to EE Web Profile + JCA + JAX-RS/Resteasy + OSGi as default
config
   + JMS + WS are available in the "preview" profile
   + Each also has an HA profile with clustering

We would appreciate you taking it for a spin, and reporting any issues
you run into.

Before we hit final we are going to be putting energy towards adding
documentation (contributions welcome!). You can see an early starting
point here:
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Documentation

Thanks!

Re: 7.0.0.CR1 "White Rabbit" is Released

Dimitris Andreadis
Congrats!

On 29/06/2011 10:55, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> I am happy to announce the candidate release for AS7!
>
> In this release we closed a whopping 350 issues and made several notable
> changes including
>
> - More spec coverage!
> - Clustering (Infinispan + HTTP Session Replication)
> - CLI, Console, and management improvements
> - Switched to EE Web Profile + JCA + JAX-RS/Resteasy + OSGi as default
> config
>     + JMS + WS are available in the "preview" profile
>     + Each also has an HA profile with clustering
>
> We would appreciate you taking it for a spin, and reporting any issues
> you run into.
>
> Before we hit final we are going to be putting energy towards adding
> documentation (contributions welcome!). You can see an early starting
> point here:
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Documentation
>
> Thanks!

Re: 7.0.0.CR1 "White Rabbit" is Released

Great news! Congratulations.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 29 June 2011 01:25 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> I am happy to announce the candidate release for AS7!
>
> In this release we closed a whopping 350 issues and made several notable
> changes including
>
> - More spec coverage!
> - Clustering (Infinispan + HTTP Session Replication)
> - CLI, Console, and management improvements
> - Switched to EE Web Profile + JCA + JAX-RS/Resteasy + OSGi as default
> config
>     + JMS + WS are available in the "preview" profile
>     + Each also has an HA profile with clustering
>
> We would appreciate you taking it for a spin, and reporting any issues
> you run into.
>
> Before we hit final we are going to be putting energy towards adding
> documentation (contributions welcome!). You can see an early starting
> point here:
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Documentation
>
> Thanks!

Re: 7.0.0.CR1 "White Rabbit" is Released

Vaclav Tunka
Congratulations!

There is one small issue with the download site - the counter doesn't
work, so we don't know how many downloads are there.

Vaclav

--
Vaclav Tunka
Software Engineer

Re: 7.0.0.CR1 "White Rabbit" is Released

Dimitris Andreadis
It is updated daily.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dimitris Andreadis

http://dandreadis.blogspot.com/

Re: 7.0.0.CR1 "White Rabbit" is Released

Bruno Georges
Well done everyone!
This is a fantastic achievement and a great milestone for our next generation architecture and platforms.

AS7 Rocks!

Bruno

On 29 Jun 2011, at 15:55, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> I am happy to announce the candidate release for AS7!
>
> In this release we closed a whopping 350 issues and made several notable
> changes including
>
> - More spec coverage!
> - Clustering (Infinispan + HTTP Session Replication)
> - CLI, Console, and management improvements
> - Switched to EE Web Profile + JCA + JAX-RS/Resteasy + OSGi as default
> config
>   + JMS + WS are available in the "preview" profile
>   + Each also has an HA profile with clustering
>
> We would appreciate you taking it for a spin, and reporting any issues
> you run into.
>
> Before we hit final we are going to be putting energy towards adding
> documentation (contributions welcome!). You can see an early starting
> point here:
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Documentation
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: 7.0.0.CR1 "White Rabbit" is Released

kkhan
While waiting for the official announcement I put up a super-quick-start pointing people towards the download and documentation:
http://www.dzone.com/links/getting_started_with_jboss_application_server_700.html