7.0.1 Master and Backwards Compatibility

7.0.1 Master and Backwards Compatibility

Right now master is being targeted for 7.0.1, so if you have anything
that breaks compatibility, we are going to need to spin off another
branch for 7.0.x. Please indicate this somehow. Either ping me or
mention it in the pull request.

Re: 7.0.1 Master and Backwards Compatibility

Heiko Braun

That means, 7.0.1 needs to be backwards compatible, but 7.1 doesn't?

Ike

On Jul 27, 2011, at 9:46 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Right now master is being targeted for 7.0.1, so if you have anything
> that breaks compatibility, we are going to need to spin off another
> branch for 7.0.x. Please indicate this somehow. Either ping me or
> mention it in the pull request.
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: 7.0.1 Master and Backwards Compatibility

Jason T. Greene
Both should aim to be compatible but we may need to refactor a subsystem's runtime management view before EAP where it must be compatible forever.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 28, 2011, at 3:53 AM, Heiko Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That means, 7.0.1 needs to be backwards compatible, but 7.1 doesn't?
>
> Ike
>
> On Jul 27, 2011, at 9:46 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>
>> Right now master is being targeted for 7.0.1, so if you have anything
>> that breaks compatibility, we are going to need to spin off another
>> branch for 7.0.x. Please indicate this somehow. Either ping me or
>> mention it in the pull request.
>>
>> --
>> Jason T. Greene
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: 7.0.1 Master and Backwards Compatibility

Brian Stansberry
An example of such a shift: converting an attribute with a complex type
into a child resource with simple attributes. We won't do that in 7.0.1.