7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Get it here:
http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads

- 423 JIRA issues resolved
https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316686

- A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
   + Remote EJB over Remoting
   + Remote EJB over IIOP
   + CMP & BMP
   + EJB 2.x support
   + App Client
   + JSR-88
- A number of management improvements
- Management is now secure by default
   + Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
   + Console will "guide" you through creating a user
- Numerous component updates

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Max Rydahl Andersen
Greatness - time to update client libraries in JBoss Tools and see the compatibility work its magic!

/max

On Nov 23, 2011, at 10:19, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Get it here:
> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
>
> - 423 JIRA issues resolved
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316686
>
> - A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
>   + Remote EJB over Remoting
>   + Remote EJB over IIOP
>   + CMP & BMP
>   + EJB 2.x support
>   + App Client
>   + JSR-88
> - A number of management improvements
> - Management is now secure by default
>   + Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
>   + Console will "guide" you through creating a user
> - Numerous component updates
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene
> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Dimitris Andreadis
Congrats!!!

On 23/11/2011 11:19, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Get it here:
> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
>
> - 423 JIRA issues resolved
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316686
>
> - A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
>     + Remote EJB over Remoting
>     + Remote EJB over IIOP
>     + CMP&  BMP
>     + EJB 2.x support
>     + App Client
>     + JSR-88
> - A number of management improvements
> - Management is now secure by default
>     + Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
>     + Console will "guide" you through creating a user
> - Numerous component updates

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Bruno Georges
Thank you to everyone who have made this release happened.
This is a tough schedule and you keep up the great work!

Congratulations.

Bruno.
On 23 Nov 2011, at 18:19, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Get it here:
> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
>
> - 423 JIRA issues resolved
> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316686
>
> - A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
>   + Remote EJB over Remoting
>   + Remote EJB over IIOP
>   + CMP & BMP
>   + EJB 2.x support
>   + App Client
>   + JSR-88
> - A number of management improvements
> - Management is now secure by default
>   + Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
>   + Console will "guide" you through creating a user
> - Numerous component updates
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene
> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Vimal Kansal
Great work guys!. Just a small correction : on download site "release
notes" is pointing to "Getting Started Guide"

On 23/11/2011 10:28 PM, Bruno Georges wrote:

> Thank you to everyone who have made this release happened.
> This is a tough schedule and you keep up the great work!
>
> Congratulations.
>
> Bruno.
> On 23 Nov 2011, at 18:19, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>
>> Get it here:
>> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
>>
>> - 423 JIRA issues resolved
>> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316686
>>
>> - A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
>>    + Remote EJB over Remoting
>>    + Remote EJB over IIOP
>>    + CMP&  BMP
>>    + EJB 2.x support
>>    + App Client
>>    + JSR-88
>> - A number of management improvements
>> - Management is now secure by default
>>    + Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
>>    + Console will "guide" you through creating a user
>> - Numerous component updates
>>
>> --
>> Jason T. Greene
>> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

The good news is you will not need to add a user to use the API from jboss tools. In fact all you should need is the latest version of the client libs, which will negotiate auth for you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 23, 2011, at 3:51 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greatness - time to update client libraries in JBoss Tools and see the compatibility work its magic!
>
> /max
>
> On Nov 23, 2011, at 10:19, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>
>> Get it here:
>> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
>>
>> - 423 JIRA issues resolved
>> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316686
>>
>> - A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
>>  + Remote EJB over Remoting
>>  + Remote EJB over IIOP
>>  + CMP & BMP
>>  + EJB 2.x support
>>  + App Client
>>  + JSR-88
>> - A number of management improvements
>> - Management is now secure by default
>>  + Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
>>  + Console will "guide" you through creating a user
>> - Numerous component updates
>>
>> --
>> Jason T. Greene
>> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Max Rydahl Andersen
> The good news is you will not need to add a user to use the API from jboss tools. In fact all you should need is the latest version of the client libs, which will negotiate auth for you.

Yes, Darran brought me up to speed on that earlier - great stuff. Brilliant solution about the private file challenge :)

/max

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 23, 2011, at 3:51 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Greatness - time to update client libraries in JBoss Tools and see the compatibility work its magic!
>>
>> /max
>>
>> On Nov 23, 2011, at 10:19, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>>
>>> Get it here:
>>> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
>>>
>>> - 423 JIRA issues resolved
>>> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316686
>>>
>>> - A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
>>> + Remote EJB over Remoting
>>> + Remote EJB over IIOP
>>> + CMP & BMP
>>> + EJB 2.x support
>>> + App Client
>>> + JSR-88
>>> - A number of management improvements
>>> - Management is now secure by default
>>> + Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
>>> + Console will "guide" you through creating a user
>>> - Numerous component updates
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jason T. Greene
>>> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect
>>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
>>
>> /max
>> http://about.me/maxandersen

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Brian Stansberry
Huge kudos to Darran Lofthouse on this. He did an outstanding job
getting a sophisticated solution implemented in a very short amount of
time, but still with a great deal of polish.

>> The good news is you will not need to add a user to use the API from jboss tools. In fact all you should need is the latest version of the client libs, which will negotiate auth for you.
>
> Yes, Darran brought me up to speed on that earlier - great stuff. Brilliant solution about the private file challenge :)
>
> /max
>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Nov 23, 2011, at 3:51 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Greatness - time to update client libraries in JBoss Tools and see the compatibility work its magic!
>>>
>>> /max

>>> /max
>>> http://about.me/maxandersen
>>>

> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

+100

> Huge kudos to Darran Lofthouse on this. He did an outstanding job
> getting a sophisticated solution implemented in a very short amount of
> time, but still with a great deal of polish.
>
> On 11/23/11 8:34 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>> The good news is you will not need to add a user to use the API from jboss tools. In fact all you should need is the latest version of the client libs, which will negotiate auth for you.
>>
>> Yes, Darran brought me up to speed on that earlier - great stuff. Brilliant solution about the private file challenge :)
>>
>> /max
>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone

>> /max
>> http://about.me/maxandersen

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: 7.1.0.Beta1 "Tesla" is live!

Max Rydahl Andersen

>> The good news is you will not need to add a user to use the API from jboss tools. In fact all you should need is the latest version of the client libs, which will negotiate auth for you.
>
> Yes, Darran brought me up to speed on that earlier - great stuff. Brilliant solution about the private file challenge :)

Unfortunately the new libs doesn't seem to work against older 7.0.x's

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2772

Hoping it is something trivial to fix as otherwise we are back to the good old problem of having to bundle every release of the AS client libraries with the tools ;(

/max

> /max
>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Nov 23, 2011, at 3:51 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Greatness - time to update client libraries in JBoss Tools and see the compatibility work its magic!
>>>
>>> /max

>>> /max
>>> http://about.me/maxandersen
>>>

> /max