7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Hi Everyone,

I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
"Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
resolved since 7.0.2.Final!

So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
to make this happen have finally paid off!

Check out the extensive release notes here:
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes

As always, you can download it here:
https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html

Thanks, and as a mentor once said,

Onward!

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Jaikiran Pai
Congratulations! :) This is really great news.

P.S: The correct download link is
http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html. Time for you to get some
sleep ;)

-Jaikiran
On Thursday 16 February 2012 12:57 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Apparently I can't type! :)

Yes it's "Thunder"

On 2/16/12 1:31 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> Congratulations! :) This is really great news.
>
> P.S: The correct download link is
> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html. Time for you to get some
> sleep ;)
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Thursday 16 February 2012 12:57 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
>> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
>> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
>> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
>> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
>> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
>> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>>
>> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
>> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
>> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>>
>> Check out the extensive release notes here:
>> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>>
>> As always, you can download it here:
>> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>>
>> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>>
>> Onward!

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

On 2/16/12 1:31 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> Congratulations! :) This is really great news.
>
> P.S: The correct download link is
> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html. Time for you to get some
> sleep ;)

Good suggestion! I think I'll do that.

Congrats everyone, and thanks for the outstanding effort!

> -Jaikiran
> On Thursday 16 February 2012 12:57 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
>> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
>> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
>> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
>> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
>> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
>> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>>
>> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
>> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
>> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>>
>> Check out the extensive release notes here:
>> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>>
>> As always, you can download it here:
>> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>>
>> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>>
>> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Wohooo!

That's quiet an impression list of issues.

Great Job everybody!

/Ike

On Feb 16, 2012, at 8:33 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Apparently I can't type! :)
>
> Yes it's "Thunder"
>
> On 2/16/12 1:31 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> Congratulations! :) This is really great news.
>>
>> P.S: The correct download link is
>> http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html. Time for you to get some
>> sleep ;)
>>
>> -Jaikiran
>> On Thursday 16 February 2012 12:57 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
>>> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
>>> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
>>> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
>>> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
>>> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
>>> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>>>
>>> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
>>> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
>>> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>>>
>>> Check out the extensive release notes here:
>>> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>>>
>>> As always, you can download it here:
>>> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>>>
>>> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>>>
>>> Onward!

> Jason T. Greene
> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Alessio Soldano
Coooool :-)
Congrats everybody!

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Wolf-Dieter Fink
Great news!

I think this will be a great step forward and I'm proud to be a small
part of it.

Wolf

On 02/16/2012 08:27 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Radoslav Husar
Hooray! What a great release :-)

Congratulation everyone!

On 02/16/2012 08:27 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Dimitris Andreadis
Fantastic job guys!

Congratulations to Jason and our amazing contributors, internal and external!

/D

On 16/02/2012 09:27, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Karel Piwko
Awesome stuff!

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:27:29 -0600
"Jason T. Greene" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Tom Jenkinson
Congratulations to all involved - what a great achievement!

On 2012-02-16 07:27, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Tomaz Cerar
congrats!

On 16.2.2012 8:27, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Heiko W.Rupp
Congrats everyone - that is a huge milestone!!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Stefan Guilhen
That's awesome! Congrats to everybody.

On 02/16/2012 05:27 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am extremely excited to announce that JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final
> "Thunderbird" has been released. This is the first JBoss AS release to
> be certified under the Java EE6 Full profile. On top of that it brings
> numerous management, security, and clustering enhancements. Altogether
> this was a grueling release with 590 Jira issues resolved (we only set
> out to do 311!), which brings us to a combined total of 1465 issues
> resolved since 7.0.2.Final!
>
> So, a very large thank you is in order to all of our contributors who
> had a part in this release. All of those hours working around the clock
> to make this happen have finally paid off!
>
> Check out the extensive release notes here:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS710FinalReleaseNotes
>
> As always, you can download it here:
> https://www.jboss.org/author/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> Thanks, and as a mentor once said,
>
> Onward!

Re: 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" is released!

Vimal Kansal
Hi Jason,

This is really exciting! With more and more organisations adopting JEE6
technologies, its great that we have a wonderful JEE6 certified
offering. Now that we have a solid architecture in place, what are the
plans moving forward(I know next is 7.1.1) - I mean JEE7 is due to be
released towards the end of this year and if that happens obviously it
will be accompanied by RI which is Glassfish. Can we expect that for
achieving JEE7 certification, time lag won't be this long?

Thx

Vimal