A blocker for openshift express work

Scott Stark
This issue is a blocker for me in terms of the openshift express work:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1130

Unpacked deployment is lost across restarts

Ideas on starting points for why an unpacked deployment looses its deployed state across restarts while an archive does not?

Re: A blocker for openshift express work

OK Ill hold off the release for this one.

On 6/28/11 9:12 AM, Scott Stark wrote:

> This issue is a blocker for me in terms of the openshift express work:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1130
>

>     Unpacked deployment is lost across restarts
>     <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1130>
>

> Ideas on starting points for why an unpacked deployment looses its
> deployed state across restarts while an archive does not?

Re: A blocker for openshift express work

Max Rydahl Andersen
I +1 that too - it will become a big usability problem if a simple restart will loose the deployments :(

I'm a bit surprised by this one since we haven't spotted this one - must be a recent change ?
Thus we are going through and testing it on our side to see how much if anything it affects us.

/max

http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: A blocker for openshift express work

Max Rydahl Andersen
so yes, Andre just confirmed we see it too.

I assume this came in with the change of not keeping FS deployments in standalone.xml
and I assume the reason archived gets deployed is that they can get deployed without .dodeploy.

/max

On Jun 28, 2011, at 16:15, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> OK Ill hold off the release for this one.
>
> On 6/28/11 9:12 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
>> This issue is a blocker for me in terms of the openshift express work:
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1130
>>

>>    Unpacked deployment is lost across restarts
>>    <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1130>
>>

>> Ideas on starting points for why an unpacked deployment looses its
>> deployed state across restarts while an archive does not?

> Jason T. Greene

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: A blocker for openshift express work

André Dietisheim
On 06/28/2011 05:21 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> so yes, Andre just confirmed we see it too.
>
> I assume this came in with the change of not keeping FS deployments in standalone.xml
> and I assume the reason archived gets deployed is that they can get deployed without .dodeploy.

yes this must be a new one. I can replicate it with the latest master
but not with the official beta 3

> /max
>
> On Jun 28, 2011, at 16:15, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>
>> OK Ill hold off the release for this one.
>>
>> On 6/28/11 9:12 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
>>> This issue is a blocker for me in terms of the openshift express work:
>>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1130
>>>

>>>     Unpacked deployment is lost across restarts
>>>     <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1130>
>>>

>>> Ideas on starting points for why an unpacked deployment looses its
>>> deployed state across restarts while an archive does not?

>> Jason T. Greene
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: A blocker for openshift express work

Brian Stansberry
Should be fixed.