A proposal to provide Helm Chart for WildFly

A proposal to provide Helm Chart for WildFly

Jean-Frederic Mesnil
Hi,

This mail is for a proposal to provide Helm Charts to build and deploy WildFly applications on OpenShift.

I’ve created https://issues.redhat.com/browse/WFLY-14479 to track this feature request.

—8<—
As an user, I want to build and deploy WildFly applications on OpenShift using Helm Charts.

The Charts will help users build and deploy WildFly images on OpenShift and leverage the whole features of the application server to make it a best-of-breed runtime on the cloud.

In particular, this chart will let users go from source code to deployed application with an unified and consolidated configuration. They will leverage the most recent innovations of WildFly (Galleon provisioning, Bootable Jar) to make sure that the application matches the user requirements and are fully integrated in the container platform.

This chart depend on WildFly features (S2I, Bootable Jar) and will be regularly updated whenever a new release of WildFly is available so that their users will always be able to use the latest WildFly release.
—8<—

The proposal PR is at https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-proposals/pull/377 and a readable version of the proposal is at https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-proposals/blob/bb62de20d707e013b9db0c0778d56221f5c553cf/cloud/WFLY-14479_helm_charts.adoc

Best regards,
Jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil
Principal Software Engineer

Re: A proposal to provide Helm Chart for WildFly

Brian Stansberry
Nice to see this, Jeff!

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 4:06 AM Jean-Frederic Mesnil <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Senior Principal Software Engineer and Manager
Principal Architect, JBoss EAP
He/Him/His
Red Hat
If I am writing outside of normal office hours, it is my choice, you do not need to do the same