ACTION REQUIRED: Replace hardcoded URLs and adresses with arquillian resources.

ACTION REQUIRED: Replace hardcoded URLs and adresses with arquillian resources.

Ondrej Zizka
Hi,

I'd like to ask everyone to fix "their" tests regarding $SUBJ.
E.g. this is not acceptable:
   ModelControllerClient client = ModelControllerClient.Factory.create(InetAddress.getByName("127.0.0.1"), 9999, getCallbackHandler());
or
   MBeanServerConnection mbeanServer = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(new JMXServiceURL("service:jmx:remoting-jmx://127.0.0.1:9999")).getMBeanServerConnection();

Such like these MUST be rewritten to fetch the addresses and ports from an injected @ArquillianResource.

Here's a tracking jira:  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3696
Empty so far. Next week, I'll start going through the tests looking for such cases, and fixing them. Or, creating jiras and assigning them to the test authors.
That's why I hope this call to action will relieve me from most of that tedious work :)

Thanks for cooperation.
Ondra

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Replace hardcoded URLs and adresses with arquillian resources.

Brian Stansberry
On the JIRA, please document how to get the appropriate configuration
element from the test environment for situations where
@ArquillianResource won't work. For example, non-Arquillian tests, and
tests that need to access the server prior to deployment.

On 2/9/12 10:42 AM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'd like to ask everyone to fix "their" tests regarding $SUBJ.
> E.g. this is not acceptable:
> ModelControllerClient client =
> ModelControllerClient.Factory.create(InetAddress.getByName("127.0.0.1"),
> 9999, getCallbackHandler());
> or
> MBeanServerConnection mbeanServer = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(new
> JMXServiceURL("service:jmx:remoting-jmx://127.0.0.1:9999")).getMBeanServerConnection();
>
> Such like these MUST be rewritten to fetch the addresses and ports from
> an injected @ArquillianResource.
>
> Here's a tracking jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3696
> Empty so far. Next week, I'll start going through the tests looking for
> such cases, and fixing them. Or, creating jiras and assigning them to
> the test authors.
> That's why I hope this call to action will relieve me from most of that
> tedious work :)
>

> Thanks for cooperation.
> Ondra

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Replace hardcoded URLs and adresses with arquillian resources.

Ondrej Zizka
Well, non-Arq tests know what server they communicate to, so they should use the same values.

For tests that need to access the server prior to deployment - depends on what kind of access would they need. Managememt? I may pass the IP and mgmt port to tests as an additional system property.

Ondra

On 2/9/12 11:50 AM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:
> Well, non-Arq tests know what server they communicate to, so they should
> use the same values.

What same values?

> For tests that need to access the server prior to deployment - depends
> on what kind of access would they need. Managememt? I may pass the IP
> and mgmt port to tests as an additional system property.

Management is the case I know of. For example, setting up a security
domain or something that the deployment requires. System properties
would be fine; that's how it was done in AS 3,4,5,6. I figure that's the
answer to my "What same values?" question above.

Brian Stansberry píše v Čt 09. 02. 2012 v 12:22 -0600:
On 2/9/12 11:50 AM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:
> Well, non-Arq tests know what server they communicate to, so they should
> use the same values.

What same values?
Oh, I see what I mean. So yes, system props are the answer:
Normally,  Arq takes the sys props passed to it from maven -> surefire -> junit.
For non-Arq tests, they need to read these system properties "manually".

I will document these props in https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/AS+7+Testsuite+Test+Developer+Guide#   tmrw or during next week.

> For tests that need to access the server prior to deployment - depends
> on what kind of access would they need. Managememt? I may pass the IP
> and mgmt port to tests as an additional system property.

Management is the case I know of. For example, setting up a security
domain or something that the deployment requires. System properties
would be fine; that's how it was done in AS 3,4,5,6. I figure that's the
answer to my "What same values?" question above.
Yes.

Regards,
Ondra

On 2/9/12 12:53 PM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:

> Brian Stansberry píše v Čt 09. 02. 2012 v 12:22 -0600:
>> On 2/9/12 11:50 AM, OndřejŽižka wrote:
>> >  Well, non-Arq tests know what server they communicate to, so they should
>> >  use the same values.
>> >

>> What same values?
> Oh, I see what I mean. So yes, system props are the answer:
> Normally, Arq takes the sys props passed to it from maven -> surefire ->
> junit.
> For non-Arq tests, they need to read these system properties "manually".
>
> I will document these props in
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/AS+7+Testsuite+Test+Developer+Guide#
> <https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/AS+7+Testsuite+Test+Developer+Guide# >
> tmrw or during next week.

Excellent. Thanks for driving this. Once that's ready if I see patches
that don't follow the guidelines I'll start kicking them back with a
link to that doc.

>> >  For tests that need to access the server prior to deployment - depends
>> >  on what kind of access would they need. Managememt? I may pass the IP
>> >  and mgmt port to tests as an additional system property.
>> >

>> Management is the case I know of. For example, setting up a security
>> domain or something that the deployment requires. System properties
>> would be fine; that's how it was done in AS 3,4,5,6. I figure that's the
>> answer to my"What same values?"  question above.
> Yes.
>
> Regards,
> Ondra

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Replace hardcoded URLs and adresses with arquillian resources.

Rostislav Svoboda
Hi Ondra.

I fixed all WS tests in AS7 TS 3 months ago (https://github.com/rsvoboda/jboss-as/commit/1e3ab6e8125d5b53f1ac06ed94f66f80644a6c56).
Since that time all new WS tests are using @ArquillianResource annotation.

Cheers.
Rosta

> I'd like to ask everyone to fix "their" tests regarding $SUBJ.
> E.g. this is not acceptable:
> ModelControllerClient client =
> ModelControllerClient.Factory.create(InetAddress.getByName("127.0.0.1"),
> 9999, getCallbackHandler());
> or
> MBeanServerConnection mbeanServer = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(new
> JMXServiceURL("service:jmx:remoting-jmx://127.0.0.1:9999")).getMBeanServerConnection();
>
> Such like these MUST be rewritten to fetch the addresses and ports
> from an injected @ArquillianResource.
>
> Here's a tracking jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3696
> Empty so far. Next week, I'll start going through the tests looking
> for such cases, and fixing them. Or, creating jiras and assigning
> them to the test authors.
> That's why I hope this call to action will relieve me from most of
> that tedious work :)
>

> Thanks for cooperation.
> Ondra

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Replace hardcoded URLs and adresses with arquillian resources.

kkhan
Where do we set up what gets injected for

@ArquillianResource
URL baseUrl;

On 10 Feb 2012, at 06:57, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:

> Hi Ondra.
>
> I fixed all WS tests in AS7 TS 3 months ago (https://github.com/rsvoboda/jboss-as/commit/1e3ab6e8125d5b53f1ac06ed94f66f80644a6c56).
> Since that time all new WS tests are using @ArquillianResource annotation.
>
> Cheers.
> Rosta

Ales Justin
Imo, it's in ArquillianResourceTestEnricher --> URLResourceProvider.

On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:

> Where do we set up what gets injected for
>
> @ArquillianResource
> URL baseUrl;
>
> On 10 Feb 2012, at 06:57, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
>
>> Hi Ondra.
>>
>> I fixed all WS tests in AS7 TS 3 months ago (https://github.com/rsvoboda/jboss-as/commit/1e3ab6e8125d5b53f1ac06ed94f66f80644a6c56).
>> Since that time all new WS tests are using @ArquillianResource annotation.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Rosta

Hi Kabir.

@ArquillianResource is based on your deployment/deployments, some details are here in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ARQ-367

@ArquillianResource(ServletClient.class) example
 https://github.com/rsvoboda/jboss-as/commit/1add6a7d481eace6c1e8ce9ccba5d4ecba981949#L0R74

@ArquillianResource + @OperateOnDeployment("deploymentName") example
 https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/testsuite/integration/basic/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/integration/ws/serviceref/ServiceRefSevletTestCase.java#L70

You use specify @ArquillianResource as test method parameter:
 test(@ArquillianResource(SimpleServlet.class) URL baseURL)

Hope this helps.
Rosta

> Where do we set up what gets injected for
>
> @ArquillianResource
> URL baseUrl;
>
> On 10 Feb 2012, at 06:57, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
>
> > Hi Ondra.
> >
> > I fixed all WS tests in AS7 TS 3 months ago
> > (https://github.com/rsvoboda/jboss-as/commit/1e3ab6e8125d5b53f1ac06ed94f66f80644a6c56).
> > Since that time all new WS tests are using @ArquillianResource
> > annotation.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > Rosta

Emanuel Muckenhuber
AFAIR the URL is based on the socket-binding information of the web http
connector. So arquillian is querying the mgmt model to resolve the
address and port.

Emanuel