AS7 admin console strange behaviour

Vimal Kansal
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the desired behaviour or a bug (although to me
it looks like a bug). Here is what I am doing :

(1) Disabled the 'ExampleDS' by clciking the 'Disable' button. Screen
shows that datasource is disabled.
(2) I click on the 'Test' button, and I get the message 'Successfully
connected'.

I think this is not very intuitive.

Thx

Vimal

Re: AS7 admin console strange behaviour

Jaikiran Pai
Personally, I think the "Test" button for that datasource (and other
similar actions for that datasource) should also be disabled when the
datasource itself is disabled.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 02 November 2011 05:02 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is the desired behaviour or a bug (although to me
> it looks like a bug). Here is what I am doing :
>
> (1) Disabled the 'ExampleDS' by clciking the 'Disable' button. Screen
> shows that datasource is disabled.
> (2) I click on the 'Test' button, and I get the message 'Successfully
> connected'.
>
> I think this is not very intuitive.
>
> Thx
>
> Vimal

Re: AS7 admin console strange behaviour

Stuart Douglas
I disagree, I think that test does not really have anything to do with the enabled / disabled state of the datasource. I think that a desire to test the datasource to make sure it will work before you enable it would be a fairly common use case.

Stuart

On 02/11/2011, at 11:17 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> Personally, I think the "Test" button for that datasource (and other
> similar actions for that datasource) should also be disabled when the
> datasource itself is disabled.
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Wednesday 02 November 2011 05:02 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not sure if this is the desired behaviour or a bug (although to me
>> it looks like a bug). Here is what I am doing :
>>
>> (1) Disabled the 'ExampleDS' by clciking the 'Disable' button. Screen
>> shows that datasource is disabled.
>> (2) I click on the 'Test' button, and I get the message 'Successfully
>> connected'.
>>
>> I think this is not very intuitive.
>>
>> Thx
>>
>> Vimal

Re: AS7 admin console strange behaviour

Jaikiran Pai
Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 02 November 2011 05:53 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> I disagree, I think that test does not really have anything to do with the enabled / disabled state of the datasource. I think that a desire to test the datasource to make sure it will work before you enable it would be a fairly common use case.
>
> Stuart
>

> On 02/11/2011, at 11:17 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>
>> Personally, I think the "Test" button for that datasource (and other
>> similar actions for that datasource) should also be disabled when the
>> datasource itself is disabled.
>>
>> -Jaikiran
>> On Wednesday 02 November 2011 05:02 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not sure if this is the desired behaviour or a bug (although to me
>>> it looks like a bug). Here is what I am doing :
>>>
>>> (1) Disabled the 'ExampleDS' by clciking the 'Disable' button. Screen
>>> shows that datasource is disabled.
>>> (2) I click on the 'Test' button, and I get the message 'Successfully
>>> connected'.
>>>
>>> I think this is not very intuitive.
>>>
>>> Thx
>>>
>>> Vimal