AS7 datasource, description of security-domain attribute is wrong

AS7 datasource, description of security-domain attribute is wrong

Vimal Kansal
Hi,

I executed the operation :

/subsystem=datasources/data-source=java;jboss/datasources/ExampleDS:read-resource-description .

The attribute "security-domain" is returned as :

 "security-domain" => {
       "description" => "Indicates Subject (from security domain) are used to distinguish connections in the pool. The content of the security-domain is the name of the JAAS security manager
 handleauthentication. This name correlates to the JAAS login-config.xml descriptor application-policy/name attribute.",
       "type" => STRING,
       "required" => false,
       "access-type" => "read-write",
       "storage" => "configuration",
       "restart-required" => "no-services"
   },

I think the highlighted part of the description "This name correlates to the JAAS login-config.xml descriptor application-policy/name attribute." is wrong.

Thx

Vimal

Re: AS7 datasource, description of security-domain attribute is wrong

Jaikiran Pai
Also, issues like these are easy to fix (just a line change in the
appropriate place). So if you are interested then feel free to provide a
patch http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HackingonAS7

-Jaikiran
On Thursday 03 November 2011 05:39 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> For this sort of minor issue please just file a JIRA. It does not
> require the attention of the entire AS7 mailing list.
>
> Stuart
>
> On 03/11/2011, at 11:02 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I executed the operation :
>>
>> /subsystem=datasources/data-source=java;jboss/datasources/ExampleDS:read-resource-description
>> .
>>
>> The attribute "security-domain" is returned as :
>>
>>  "security-domain" => {
>>        "description" => "Indicates Subject (from security domain) are
>> used to distinguish connections in the pool. The content of the
>> security-domain is the name of the JAAS security manager
>>  handleauthentication. *This name correlates to the JAAS
>> login-config.xml descriptor application-policy/name attribute."*,
>>        "type" => STRING,
>>        "required" => false,
>>        "access-type" => "read-write",
>>        "storage" => "configuration",
>>        "restart-required" => "no-services"
>>    },
>>
>> I think the highlighted part of the description "This name correlates
>> to the JAAS login-config.xml descriptor application-policy/name
>> attribute." is wrong.
>>
>> Thx
>>
>> Vimal

Re: AS7 datasource, description of security-domain attribute is wrong

kkhan
+100 If you can change and open a pull request in about the same time as writing a post/creating a JIRA please do so