AS7 on JRE

Siamak Sadeghianfar
Hi,

Is it possible to run AS7 on JRE? I know that jsp compilation needs JDK. Is there any other functionality that enforce use of JDK?

Best Regards,
Siamak Sadeghianfar

Re: AS7 on JRE

Andrig Miller
I believe that JSP compilation no longer requires the JDK.

Andy

> Is it possible to run AS7 on JRE? I know that jsp compilation needs
> JDK. Is there any other functionality that enforce use of JDK?
>
> Best Regards,
> Siamak Sadeghianfar

Re: AS7 on JRE

Fernando Nasser
On 12-03-09 11:46 AM, Andrig Miller wrote:
> I believe that JSP compilation no longer requires the JDK.

AFAIK we ship with Jasper for that

> Andy

Re: AS7 on JRE

Siamak Sadeghianfar
Thanks for the info.

I haven't found anywhere explicitly saying if JDK is needed or not. Has anyone tried it?

/S

On 12-03-09 11:46 AM, Andrig Miller wrote:
> I believe that JSP compilation no longer requires the JDK.

AFAIK we ship with Jasper for that

> Andy

Re: AS7 on JRE

Andrig Miller
When you run with OpenJDK, based on the RPM installation, java resolves this way:

java -> /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java

So, you are actually running on the jre tree within the entire JDK distribution, even though there is not separate RPM's for JRE vs. JDK.

So, it seems to work just fine with the jre.

Andy