AS7 using vfs urls?

Anil Saldhana
Hi All,
   do we still use "vfs://"  urls in AS7?  My understanding was we would
not have any more vfs urls so that the Java Security Manager can work
with File urls. :)

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityRunningUnderAJavaSecurityManager#comment-9610

The comments to this article state that there are still vfs:// urls.

Regards,
Anil

Re: AS7 using vfs urls?

Ales Justin
They are used in deployments, but not in modules.

> Hi All,
>   do we still use "vfs://"  urls in AS7?  My understanding was we would
> not have any more vfs urls so that the Java Security Manager can work
> with File urls. :)
>
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityRunningUnderAJavaSecurityManager#comment-9610
>
> The comments to this article state that there are still vfs:// urls.
>
> Regards,
> Anil

Re: AS7 using vfs urls?

Anil Saldhana
And if users want to write security manager policy statements for these
deployments?

On 04/02/2012 11:24 AM, Ales Justin wrote:

> They are used in deployments, but not in modules.
>
>> Hi All,
>>    do we still use "vfs://"  urls in AS7?  My understanding was we would
>> not have any more vfs urls so that the Java Security Manager can work
>> with File urls. :)
>>
>> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityRunningUnderAJavaSecurityManager#comment-9610
>>
>> The comments to this article state that there are still vfs:// urls.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Anil

Re: AS7 using vfs urls?

Anil Saldhana
Ales,
   any chance the codesource urls for these deploymets will be a
derivative of the File url?

Cheers.

On 04/02/2012 11:55 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:

> And if users want to write security manager policy statements for these
> deployments?
>
> On 04/02/2012 11:24 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
>> They are used in deployments, but not in modules.
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>     do we still use "vfs://"  urls in AS7?  My understanding was we would
>>> not have any more vfs urls so that the Java Security Manager can work
>>> with File urls. :)
>>>
>>> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityRunningUnderAJavaSecurityManager#comment-9610
>>>
>>> The comments to this article state that there are still vfs:// urls.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Anil

Re: AS7 using vfs urls?

Deployments have to use vfs url's, but we only have one kind.

On 4/3/12 8:46 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:

> Ales,
>     any chance the codesource urls for these deploymets will be a
> derivative of the File url?
>
> Cheers.
>
> On 04/02/2012 11:55 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> And if users want to write security manager policy statements for these
>> deployments?
>>
>> On 04/02/2012 11:24 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
>>> They are used in deployments, but not in modules.

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: AS7 using vfs urls?

Bartosz Baranowski
How should it be handled than? Policy fails to parse those, hence, deployment vfs entries are ignored and not included in permission collection.

Deployments have to use vfs url's, but we only have one kind.

On 4/3/12 8:46 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:

> Ales,
>     any chance the codesource urls for these deploymets will be a
> derivative of the File url?
>
> Cheers.
>
> On 04/02/2012 11:55 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> And if users want to write security manager policy statements for these
>> deployments?
>>
>> On 04/02/2012 11:24 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
>>> They are used in deployments, but not in modules.

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: AS7 using vfs urls?

Jason T. Greene
Are you sure? It's a bug if so

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 5, 2012, at 3:39 AM, Bartosz Baranowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How should it be handled than? Policy fails to parse those, hence, deployment vfs entries are ignored and not included in permission collection.

There is in fact a security manager bootstrap issue with jboss modules
we need to solve. We will take a look at that soon.

On 4/5/12 7:36 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> Are you sure? It's a bug if so
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 5, 2012, at 3:39 AM, Bartosz Baranowski<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> How should it be handled than? Policy fails to parse those, hence, deployment vfs entries are ignored and not included in permission collection.

Seems like my answer ended in "drafts" yes. Atleast thats what I understood from logs. I can verify once Im done with current issue, shouldnt be much of a hassle.