Adding custom subsystem operations to web console

Adding custom subsystem operations to web console

Siamak Sadeghianfar
Hi,

When creating a custom subsystem in JBoss AS 7.1, a set of operations
are expose through the CLI. However I wonder if it is possible to expose
the same set of operations and attributes in the web console? If not, is
there any plan for it?

Thanks for any help.

Best Regards,
Siamak Sadeghianfar

Re: Adding custom subsystem operations to web console

Heiko Braun

We are currently working on an extension mechanism for the web console
that allows you mix in custom tools. But it's still in it's early stages and requires a couple of weeks more work before we can make it available.

A current prototype can be found here:
https://github.com/rcernich/fools-errands/tree/master/modular-mvp

Regards, Heiko

On Jan 30, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Siamak Sadeghianfar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When creating a custom subsystem in JBoss AS 7.1, a set of operations
> are expose through the CLI. However I wonder if it is possible to expose
> the same set of operations and attributes in the web console? If not, is
> there any plan for it?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Best Regards,
> Siamak Sadeghianfar

Re: Adding custom subsystem operations to web console

Siamak Sadeghianfar
Is it determined yet in which version of JBoss AS it will be included?

BR,
Siamak

On 2012-01-30 11:35, Heiko Braun wrote:

> We are currently working on an extension mechanism for the web console
> that allows you mix in custom tools. But it's still in it's early stages and requires a couple of weeks more work before we can make it available.
>

> A current prototype can be found here:
> https://github.com/rcernich/fools-errands/tree/master/modular-mvp
>

> Regards, Heiko
>

> On Jan 30, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Siamak Sadeghianfar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When creating a custom subsystem in JBoss AS 7.1, a set of operations
>> are expose through the CLI. However I wonder if it is possible to expose
>> the same set of operations and attributes in the web console? If not, is
>> there any plan for it?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Siamak Sadeghianfar

Re: Adding custom subsystem operations to web console

Heiko Braun

No, not really. But it's going to be beyond 7.1.

Regards, Heiko

On Jan 30, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Siamak Sadeghianfar wrote:

> Is it determined yet in which version of JBoss AS it will be included?
>
> BR,
> Siamak
>
> On 2012-01-30 11:35, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>
>> We are currently working on an extension mechanism for the web console
>> that allows you mix in custom tools. But it's still in it's early stages and requires a couple of weeks more work before we can make it available.
>>

>> A current prototype can be found here:
>> https://github.com/rcernich/fools-errands/tree/master/modular-mvp
>>

>> Regards, Heiko
>>

>> On Jan 30, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Siamak Sadeghianfar wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When creating a custom subsystem in JBoss AS 7.1, a set of operations
>>> are expose through the CLI. However I wonder if it is possible to expose
>>> the same set of operations and attributes in the web console? If not, is
>>> there any plan for it?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Siamak Sadeghianfar

Re: Adding custom subsystem operations to web console

Heiko Braun

The discussion actually just started a few weeks ago.
Knowing which parts you want to extend would already be a great help.
Just subsystem configuration or runtime operations as well?

Regards, Heiko

On Jan 30, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> No, not really. But it's going to be beyond 7.1.
>
> Regards, Heiko
>
> On Jan 30, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Siamak Sadeghianfar wrote:
>
>> Is it determined yet in which version of JBoss AS it will be included?
>>
>> BR,
>> Siamak
>>
>> On 2012-01-30 11:35, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>>
>>> We are currently working on an extension mechanism for the web console
>>> that allows you mix in custom tools. But it's still in it's early stages and requires a couple of weeks more work before we can make it available.
>>>

>>> A current prototype can be found here:
>>> https://github.com/rcernich/fools-errands/tree/master/modular-mvp
>>>

>>> Regards, Heiko

Re: Adding custom subsystem operations to web console

Siamak Sadeghianfar
Both. However the subsystem configuration is of more importance in our case.

BR,
Siamak