An integration test adding JBoss Module and running management commands?

An integration test adding JBoss Module and running management commands?

Peter Palaga
Hi *,

I wonder if we already have an integration test that requires to add
some custom JBoss Module and to run some Management commands?

I'd like to add an integration test for
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-7412 . I was able to do everything
I need using various Maven plugins (most notably WF Plugin and some
resource copying) in this test project: https://github.com/ppalaga/WFLY-7412

However, I am kinda hesitant to send my solution to WF code base,
because it looks too different from the usual Arquillian way of writing
itests.

Therefore, I am asking if anybody could perhaps point me to an
Arquillian (or any other existing) test in WF code base that runs
management commands, installs custom JBoss modules, deploys a simple
test app and then sends some HTTP requests against the container?

Thanks,

Peter

Re: An integration test adding JBoss Module and running management commands?

kkhan
For adding the module, look for usage of org.jboss.as.test.module.util.TestModule

> On 14 Dec 2016, at 15:50, Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi *,
>
> I wonder if we already have an integration test that requires to add
> some custom JBoss Module and to run some Management commands?
>
> I'd like to add an integration test for
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-7412 . I was able to do everything
> I need using various Maven plugins (most notably WF Plugin and some
> resource copying) in this test project: https://github.com/ppalaga/WFLY-7412
>
> However, I am kinda hesitant to send my solution to WF code base,
> because it looks too different from the usual Arquillian way of writing
> itests.
>
> Therefore, I am asking if anybody could perhaps point me to an
> Arquillian (or any other existing) test in WF code base that runs
> management commands, installs custom JBoss modules, deploys a simple
> test app and then sends some HTTP requests against the container?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Re: An integration test adding JBoss Module and running management commands?

Tomaž Cerar-2
There are many tests that do that.

for examples see ExtensionTestCase, WeldModuleDeploymentTestCase

and many others.

just look for string "module.xml" in whole testsuite...

--
tomaz

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Kabir Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
For adding the module, look for usage of org.jboss.as.test.module.util.TestModule
> On 14 Dec 2016, at 15:50, Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi *,
>
> I wonder if we already have an integration test that requires to add
> some custom JBoss Module and to run some Management commands?
>
> I'd like to add an integration test for
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-7412 . I was able to do everything
> I need using various Maven plugins (most notably WF Plugin and some
> resource copying) in this test project: https://github.com/ppalaga/WFLY-7412
>
> However, I am kinda hesitant to send my solution to WF code base,
> because it looks too different from the usual Arquillian way of writing
> itests.
>
> Therefore, I am asking if anybody could perhaps point me to an
> Arquillian (or any other existing) test in WF code base that runs
> management commands, installs custom JBoss modules, deploys a simple
> test app and then sends some HTTP requests against the container?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Re: An integration test adding JBoss Module and running management commands?

Peter Palaga
Thanks a lot, Kabir and Tomaž! PR sent
https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/9508 -- P