Another potential blocker for openshift

Scott Stark
An issue I just ran into when testing 7.0.0.CR1 with the openshift framework is:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1225
jboss-admin.sh fails to exit when run in single command mode

This seems to be new behavior as of CR1, but it basically breaks frameworks that are attempting to use the CLI to control the server. I can work around this by running the command in a background, but then there is no valid exit status being returned. hen the CLI is running in non-interactive mode, it needs to exit on completion of the commands it is executing with some exit status.

Re: Another potential blocker for openshift

kkhan
This has already been fixed in the final pretag
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/commit/4c230fb39b88d19d60811fb5fe9d5c34576a63f0
On 7 Jul 2011, at 21:47, Scott Stark wrote:

> An issue I just ran into when testing 7.0.0.CR1 with the openshift framework is:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1225
> jboss-admin.sh fails to exit when run in single command mode
>
> This seems to be new behavior as of CR1, but it basically breaks frameworks that are attempting to use the CLI to control the server. I can work around this by running the command in a background, but then there is no valid exit status being returned. hen the CLI is running in non-interactive mode, it needs to exit on completion of the commands it is executing with some exit status.

Re: Another potential blocker for openshift

Brian Stansberry
With no server running, I still get this:

pingguo:bin bstansberry$ ./jboss-admin.sh --connect command=:shutdown
The controller is not available at localhost:9999
You are disconnected at the moment. Type 'connect' to connect to the
server or 'help' for the list of supported commands.

Hmm -- after a minute or so the process exits.

On 7/8/11 3:47 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:

> This has already been fixed in the final pretag
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/commit/4c230fb39b88d19d60811fb5fe9d5c34576a63f0
> On 7 Jul 2011, at 21:47, Scott Stark wrote:
>
>> An issue I just ran into when testing 7.0.0.CR1 with the openshift framework is:
>>
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1225
>> jboss-admin.sh fails to exit when run in single command mode
>>
>> This seems to be new behavior as of CR1, but it basically breaks frameworks that are attempting to use the CLI to control the server. I can work around this by running the command in a background, but then there is no valid exit status being returned. hen the CLI is running in non-interactive mode, it needs to exit on completion of the commands it is executing with some exit status.

Re: Another potential blocker for openshift

> With no server running, I still get this:
>
> pingguo:bin bstansberry$ ./jboss-admin.sh --connect command=:shutdown
> The controller is not available at localhost:9999
> You are disconnected at the moment. Type 'connect' to connect to the
> server or 'help' for the list of supported commands.
>

> Hmm -- after a minute or so the process exits.

In the meantime a thread dump shows the same non-daemon threads as Scott
posted on https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1225

This is from a build of the 7.0.0.Final-prerelease tag.

This https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/commit/0dd4f078481485fc6f694c3c233978bba0bb3408 in master fixes it. I think we would need this in final as well but am probably not allowed to decide that myself. Jason?