Apache Portable Runtime (APR) in Wildfly

Apache Portable Runtime (APR) in Wildfly

Peter Nalyvayko
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right mailing list to post the question. Does Wildfly support Apache Portable Runtime? I've found some old discussions about configuring APR in JBoss Web/JBoss EAP that go a few years back, but nothing as far as Wildfly/APR  support goes. A reference to a section in the documentation explicitly stating that such and such technology is not supported is really what I am after.

Regards,
--Peter

Re: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) in Wildfly

Andrig Miller
Also, we don't recommend using the native connections anymore.  Since EAP 6.1, we have had an NIO2 based connector that is better than the native connector, and with EAP 7 we have Undertow (no need to have anything else).

Andy

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Stuart Douglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
APR was required to use the native connectors in JBoss Web. It is not required when using Undertow.

Stuart

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Peter Nalyvayko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right mailing list to post the question. Does Wildfly support Apache Portable Runtime? I've found some old discussions about configuring APR in JBoss Web/JBoss EAP that go a few years back, but nothing as far as Wildfly/APR  support goes. A reference to a section in the documentation explicitly stating that such and such technology is not supported is really what I am after.

Regards,
--Peter

Andrig (Andy) T. Miller
Global Platform Director, Middleware
Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) in Wildfly

Peter Nalyvayko
Hi Andy,
Thanks for clarifying. Is there off chance a document or a chart with performance metrics comparing NIO in Undertow vs native connectors with respect to SSL?
Regards,
Peter

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 8:52 PM, Peter Nalyvayko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andy,
Thanks for clarifying. Is there off chance a document or a chart with performance metrics comparing NIO in Undertow vs native connectors with respect to SSL?
Regards,
Peter

​In terms of Undertow and SSL, we have not done specific tests for that, but you don't have to use a native connector to get OpenSSL native code for SSL in Undertow, if my memory serves me correctly.

Andy