Application-specific server side invocation interceptors?

Application-specific server side invocation interceptors?

Jaikiran Pai
Just saw this thread on the user forum
https://community.jboss.org/thread/205538?tstart=0 where the user is
trying to plugin a custom server side interceptor (based off the JBoss
Invocation project) in the EE invocation chain. It seems to me that he
has a valid use case, but we currently don't support adding new
application-specific (non EE) interceptors to the invocation. Is this
something that we should be supporting? Or is there some other way to do
what he's trying to do?

Re: Application-specific server side invocation interceptors?

Jaikiran Pai
This is now implemented and available in the AS7 nightly builds. The
documentation for the feature is here
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72/Container+interceptors

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 19 September 2012 05:21 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> Just saw this thread on the user forum
> https://community.jboss.org/thread/205538?tstart=0 where the user is
> trying to plugin a custom server side interceptor (based off the JBoss
> Invocation project) in the EE invocation chain. It seems to me that he
> has a valid use case, but we currently don't support adding new
> application-specific (non EE) interceptors to the invocation. Is this
> something that we should be supporting? Or is there some other way to do
> what he's trying to do?
>
> -Jaikiran

Re: Application-specific server side invocation interceptors?

Carlo de Wolf
What is the lifecycle of a container interceptor? I expect it not to be
to the instance, but to the EJB, right?
The lifecycle callbacks however will be tied to the instance?

Carlo

On 01/16/2013 04:10 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> This is now implemented and available in the AS7 nightly builds. The
> documentation for the feature is here
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72/Container+interceptors
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Wednesday 19 September 2012 05:21 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> Just saw this thread on the user forum
>> https://community.jboss.org/thread/205538?tstart=0 where the user is
>> trying to plugin a custom server side interceptor (based off the JBoss
>> Invocation project) in the EE invocation chain. It seems to me that he
>> has a valid use case, but we currently don't support adding new
>> application-specific (non EE) interceptors to the invocation. Is this
>> something that we should be supporting? Or is there some other way to do
>> what he's trying to do?
>>
>> -Jaikiran

Re: Application-specific server side invocation interceptors?

Jaikiran Pai
Hi Carlo,

Sorry about the late reply.

Currently we did not add support for lifecycle callbacks
(@PostConstruct/@PreDestroy). I decided to keep it simple just like
other system interceptors by leaving out the lifecycle callbacks until
there was a real demand for that. David did mention that it might be
useful to add that support, but right now it's not done. When we do add
that support, the proposal was to tie those lifecycles to the
component's (MSC) service.

-Jaikiran