Arquillian TS: Clustering tests on multiple AS7 instances proposal

Arquillian TS: Clustering tests on multiple AS7 instances proposal

Karel Piwko
Hi All,

I have following proposal to make multiple AS7 instance testing
available [1]:

1/ Create testsuite/clustering aggregation pom
2/ Move current clustering TS to single-node submodule
3/ Create multiple-nodes submodule, which does not inherit
org.jboss.as:jboss-as-testsuite but have its own environment preparation
4/ Use Arquillian Managed Container for standalone as this is only
available container we have now for given purpose

I have implemented prototype at [2].

Please let me know what do you think of that approach.

Thanks,

Karel

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1418
[2] https://github.com/kpiwko/jboss-as/tree/AS7-1418

Re: Arquillian TS: Clustering tests on multiple AS7 instances proposal

Vladimir Ralev
Very useful.

Shouldn't there be some kind of API to kill and restart nodes or is this outside the scope of the current project? For tests like:
1. Send request1 to node1
2. Kill node1
3. Send request to node 2
4. Bring node1 back online
6. Send request to node3

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Karel Piwko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have following proposal to make multiple AS7 instance testing
available [1]:

1/ Create testsuite/clustering aggregation pom
2/ Move current clustering TS to single-node submodule
3/ Create multiple-nodes submodule, which does not inherit
org.jboss.as:jboss-as-testsuite but have its own environment preparation
4/ Use Arquillian Managed Container for standalone as this is only
available container we have now for given purpose

I have implemented prototype at [2].

Please let me know what do you think of that approach.

Thanks,

Karel

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1418
[2] https://github.com/kpiwko/jboss-as/tree/AS7-1418

Re: Arquillian TS: Clustering tests on multiple AS7 instances proposal

Karel Piwko
This is my very next step. However, I'm waiting for ARQ-336 impl [1] to
be pushed upstream.

Karel

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ARQ-336

On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 15:35 +0300, Vladimir Ralev wrote:

> Very useful.
>

> Shouldn't there be some kind of API to kill and restart nodes or is
> this outside the scope of the current project? For tests like:
> 1. Send request1 to node1
> 2. Kill node1
> 3. Send request to node 2
> 4. Bring node1 back online
> 6. Send request to node3
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Karel Piwko <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>         Hi All,
>
>         I have following proposal to make multiple AS7 instance
>         testing
>         available [1]:
>
>         1/ Create testsuite/clustering aggregation pom
>         2/ Move current clustering TS to single-node submodule
>         3/ Create multiple-nodes submodule, which does not inherit
>         org.jboss.as:jboss-as-testsuite but have its own environment
>         preparation
>         4/ Use Arquillian Managed Container for standalone as this is
>         only
>         available container we have now for given purpose
>
>         I have implemented prototype at [2].
>
>         Please let me know what do you think of that approach.
>
>         Thanks,
>
>         Karel
>
>         [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1418
>         [2] https://github.com/kpiwko/jboss-as/tree/AS7-1418

Re: Arquillian TS: Clustering tests on multiple AS7 instances proposal

Rostislav Svoboda
Hi.

I would like to see default implementation of kill methods for Linux, Solaris and Windows directly in Arquillian shipped with ARQ-336 release.
Currently I know only about implementation [1] suitable only for Linux + you must register it using META-INF/services [2].

Rosta

[1] https://github.com/mgencur/edg-tests/blob/master/failover/src/main/java/org/arquillian/edg/failover/extension/JBossAS7ServerKillProcessor.java
[2] https://github.com/mgencur/edg-tests/blob/master/failover/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.jboss.arquillian.core.spi.LoadableExtension

> This is my very next step. However, I'm waiting for ARQ-336 impl [1]
> be pushed upstream.
>
> Karel
>

> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ARQ-336
>
> On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 15:35 +0300, Vladimir Ralev wrote:
> > Very useful.
> >

> > Shouldn't there be some kind of API to kill and restart nodes or is
> > this outside the scope of the current project? For tests like:
> > 1. Send request1 to node1
> > 2. Kill node1
> > 3. Send request to node 2
> > 4. Bring node1 back online
> > 6. Send request to node3
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Karel Piwko <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >         Hi All,
> >
> >         I have following proposal to make multiple AS7 instance
> >         testing
> >         available [1]:
> >
> >         1/ Create testsuite/clustering aggregation pom
> >         2/ Move current clustering TS to single-node submodule
> >         3/ Create multiple-nodes submodule, which does not inherit
> >         org.jboss.as:jboss-as-testsuite but have its own environment
> >         preparation
> >         4/ Use Arquillian Managed Container for standalone as this
> >         is
> >         only
> >         available container we have now for given purpose
> >
> >         I have implemented prototype at [2].
> >
> >         Please let me know what do you think of that approach.
> >
> >         Thanks,
> >
> >         Karel
> >
> >         [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1418
> >         [2] https://github.com/kpiwko/jboss-as/tree/AS7-1418

Re: Arquillian TS: Clustering tests on multiple AS7 instances proposal

Kabir Khan-2
RespawnTestCase in testsuite/domain sort of does this but having it centralized somewhere would be better

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)