Automatic AS 5 -> AS 7 configuration migration bachelors thesis

Automatic AS 5 -> AS 7 configuration migration bachelors thesis

Ondrej Zizka
Hi,

one student in Brno is working on $SUBJ.

If anyone wants to know the details and/or see the results, let me know.

Regards,
Ondra

Re: Automatic AS 5 -> AS 7 configuration migration bachelors thesis

Jaikiran Pai
What kind of configurations?

-Jaikiran
On Tuesday 25 September 2012 08:49 PM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one student in Brno is working on $SUBJ.
>
> If anyone wants to know the details and/or see the results, let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Ondra

Re: Automatic AS 5 -> AS 7 configuration migration bachelors thesis

Jesper Pedersen
On 09/25/2012 11:22 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> What kind of configurations?

And the converters for datasources and resource adapters are part of the
IronJacamar tooling, so that is done.

> On Tuesday 25 September 2012 08:49 PM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> one student in Brno is working on $SUBJ.
>>
>> If anyone wants to know the details and/or see the results, let me know.

Best regards,
  Jesper

On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 11:53 -0400, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
On 09/25/2012 11:22 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> What kind of configurations?

Besides datasources and RA which is done,     // thanks Jaikiran, do you have a link pls?
it's security config, login modules, EJB config,  ports, perhaps clustering...
Probably an intersection of what's configurable in both.

He only has the code so far (no docs), and that's not publicated yet, but I will drop a link here when it is.

Ondra

And the converters for datasources and resource adapters are part of the
IronJacamar tooling, so that is done.

> On Tuesday 25 September 2012 08:49 PM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> one student in Brno is working on $SUBJ.
>>
>> If anyone wants to know the details and/or see the results, let me know.

Best regards,
  Jesper

Re: Automatic AS 5 -> AS 7 configuration migration bachelors thesis

Misty Stanley-Jones
Sande will be very interested, I am sure. Adding her to CC.

Misty Stanley-Jones, RHCE
Supervisor, Engineering Content Services
Red Hat Brisbane (GMT+10)
☺: misty (IRC) ✉: [hidden email] ☏: + 61 7 3514 8105

On Sep 26, 2012, at 1:19 AM, Ondrej Zizka <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

one student in Brno is working on $SUBJ.

If anyone wants to know the details and/or see the results, let me know.

Regards,
Ondra

Re: Automatic AS 5 -> AS 7 configuration migration bachelors thesis

Navin Surtani
Would we just be able to get hold of the thesis to have a look at once it's ready? I imagine that it'll all be nicely documented there right? Is the thesis going to be in English?

------------------------
Navin Surtani

Software Engineer
JBoss SET
JBoss EAP

Twitter: @navssurtani

On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 22:44 -0400, Navin Surtani wrote:
Would we just be able to get hold of the thesis to have a look at once it's ready?
The student is already working on it, but you know how it is with thesis' - typically, the text is finished at the time of deadline :)
Anyway, since that's the reason he contacted Red Hat is that he want's to have it proof-read. So yes, you'll see a draft. And the final version will be public.

I imagine that it'll all be nicely documented there right? Is the thesis going to be in English?
Hmm, good point. Not sure actually. I will ask.

Ondra

Navin Surtani

Software Engineer
JBoss SET