Blockers for WildFly 10 Final

Danilo Cominotti Marques
Hello there,

I have seen the e-mail that listed the following issues as blockers for WildFly 10 Final,

but I would clearly add the following one to that list,

because my company certainly wouldn't deploy WildFly 10 Final before this issue is solved.

Any chances of having somebody look into it before the final release?

Thanks.

Danilo Cominotti Marques

Re: Blockers for WildFly 10 Final

Renann Prado
I'm pretty sure I reported same issue as yours.

Seems to be fixed, but it's not clear to me whether it will be part of Wildfly 10 Final or not.

However you can easily work around: just add the datasource with with your driver && config and DO NOT CLICK IN TEST CONNECTION, then while EDITING the datasource you can test the connection as many times as you want. I did that in Wildfly 10.0.0.CR5 and it worked just fine.

I wouldn't call that a blocker as there are couple of ways to create a datasource.

Hope it helps.

Renann Prado

On 29/01/16 02:07, Renann Prado wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I reported same issue as yours.
>
> See:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-6015
>
> Seems to be fixed, but it's not clear to me whether it will be part of
> Wildfly 10 Final or not.

Apart from the occasional mistake in Jira if the status is 'Resolved'
the 'Fix Version/s' field shows the release the fix is or will be
included in.

> However you can easily work around: just add the datasource with with
> your driver && config and DO NOT CLICK IN TEST CONNECTION, then while
> EDITING the datasource you can test the connection as many times as you
> want. I did that in Wildfly 10.0.0.CR5 and it worked just fine.
>
> I wouldn't call that a blocker as there are couple of ways to create a
> datasource.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Renann Prado
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Danilo Cominotti Marques
>
>     Hello there,
>
>     I have seen the e-mail that listed the following issues as blockers
>     for WildFly 10 Final,
>
>     1. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-5480
>     2. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-1277
>
>     but I would clearly add the following one to that list,
>
>     3. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAL-1030
>
>     because my company certainly wouldn't deploy WildFly 10 Final before
>     this issue is solved.
>
>     Any chances of having somebody look into it before the final release?
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     Danilo Cominotti Marques

Re: Blockers for WildFly 10 Final

Renann Prado
I've just downloaded Wildfly 10.0.0.Final and it's still not working 100%.

1 - Fill all the fields, but put some wrong information like password, ip, whatever
2 - Get to the last screen where you can test the connection
3 - Test the connection (and fails)
4 - Go back, fix the connection info with right information
5 - Test connection and still fails (it's using old credentials)

Btw I was also able to see org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException when I was testing, though I don't have clear steps how to reproduce.
I don't believe the problem is in the web UI.

Another minor issue is that when it fails to test, most of the times (if not always), regardless of the type of error I get in the server, in web UI I always get same generic error message:

19:41:01,345 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (management task-5) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("test-connection-in-pool") failed - address: ([

    ("subsystem" => "datasources"),

    ("data-source" => "MySqlDS")

]) - failure description: "WFLYJCA0040: failed to invoke operation: WFLYJCA0047: Connection is not valid"

And when I went to look in the server log:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Could not connect: Access denied for user 'admin'@'192.168.0.107' (using password: YES)

at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:121)

at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.throwException(ExceptionMapper.java:69)

at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:110)

at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createLocalManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:319)

... 31 more

It would be nice to propagete the correct error to the web UI.

Thanks

Renann Prado

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Darran Lofthouse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 29/01/16 02:07, Renann Prado wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I reported same issue as yours.
>
> See:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-6015
>
> Seems to be fixed, but it's not clear to me whether it will be part of
> Wildfly 10 Final or not.

Apart from the occasional mistake in Jira if the status is 'Resolved'
the 'Fix Version/s' field shows the release the fix is or will be
included in.

> However you can easily work around: just add the datasource with with
> your driver && config and DO NOT CLICK IN TEST CONNECTION, then while
> EDITING the datasource you can test the connection as many times as you
> want. I did that in Wildfly 10.0.0.CR5 and it worked just fine.
>
> I wouldn't call that a blocker as there are couple of ways to create a
> datasource.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Renann Prado
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Danilo Cominotti Marques
>
>     Hello there,
>
>     I have seen the e-mail that listed the following issues as blockers
>     for WildFly 10 Final,
>
>     1. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-5480
>     2. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-1277
>
>     but I would clearly add the following one to that list,
>
>     3. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAL-1030
>
>     because my company certainly wouldn't deploy WildFly 10 Final before
>     this issue is solved.
>
>     Any chances of having somebody look into it before the final release?
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     Danilo Cominotti Marques

Re: Blockers for WildFly 10 Final

Harald Pehl
I can confirm the issue with the fixed password. Doing some more tests I come to the conclusion that the whole idea of testing the connection during the "Create Datasource" wizard is a bad idea. There are more issues related to this [1].

---
Harald Pehl
JBoss by Red Hat
http://hpehl.info