Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Tom Jenkinson
Apologies if this has been asked (possibly multiple times) before -
searching the mailing list archives is as not simple as SBS (though
would love to be educated otherwise).

Please can someone clarify the difference between the 7.1 and 7.1-next
branches? Near as I can tell they are identical so I just wondered as to
their purpose: https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/compare/7.1-next...7.1

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Jaikiran Pai
Explained here
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2012-July/006268.html

-Jaikiran
On Thursday 27 September 2012 08:52 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:

> Apologies if this has been asked (possibly multiple times) before -
> searching the mailing list archives is as not simple as SBS (though
> would love to be educated otherwise).
>
> Please can someone clarify the difference between the 7.1 and 7.1-next
> branches? Near as I can tell they are identical so I just wondered as to
> their purpose: https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/compare/7.1-next...7.1
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Alessio Soldano

On 09/27/2012 05:22 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:

> Apologies if this has been asked (possibly multiple times) before -
> searching the mailing list archives is as not simple as SBS (though
> would love to be educated otherwise).
>
> Please can someone clarify the difference between the 7.1 and 7.1-next
> branches? Near as I can tell they are identical so I just wondered as to
> their purpose: https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/compare/7.1-next...7.1
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Tom Jenkinson
Thanks guys - much appreciated. Is there a simple way to search the
archive that I missed?

On 2012-09-27T16:29:00 BST, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> Explained here
> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2012-July/006268.html
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Thursday 27 September 2012 08:52 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:
>> Apologies if this has been asked (possibly multiple times) before -
>> searching the mailing list archives is as not simple as SBS (though
>> would love to be educated otherwise).
>>
>> Please can someone clarify the difference between the 7.1 and 7.1-next
>> branches? Near as I can tell they are identical so I just wondered as to
>> their purpose:
>> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/compare/7.1-next...7.1
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Alessio Soldano
I actually use the Zimbra search over my local checkout of the mailing
list, then go back to http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/
and get the link ;-)

On 09/27/2012 05:31 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:

> Thanks guys - much appreciated. Is there a simple way to search the
> archive that I missed?
>

> On 2012-09-27T16:29:00 BST, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> Explained here
>> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2012-July/006268.html
>>
>> -Jaikiran
>> On Thursday 27 September 2012 08:52 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:
>>> Apologies if this has been asked (possibly multiple times) before -
>>> searching the mailing list archives is as not simple as SBS (though
>>> would love to be educated otherwise).
>>>
>>> Please can someone clarify the difference between the 7.1 and 7.1-next
>>> branches? Near as I can tell they are identical so I just wondered as to
>>> their purpose:
>>> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/compare/7.1-next...7.1
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom

Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

You can also search here:

http://jboss-as7-development.1055759.n5.nabble.com/

On Sep 27, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Alessio Soldano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I actually use the Zimbra search over my local checkout of the mailing
> list, then go back to http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/
> and get the link ;-)
>
> On 09/27/2012 05:31 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:
>> Thanks guys - much appreciated. Is there a simple way to search the
>> archive that I missed?
>>

>> On 2012-09-27T16:29:00 BST, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>>> Explained here
>>> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2012-July/006268.html
>>>
>>> -Jaikiran

> Alessio Soldano
> Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Tom Jenkinson
Yeah, I do that for the jboss transactions support list. I wonder if
there is some way to register the AS7 dev discussions forum
(https://community.jboss.org/en/jbossas7/dev?view=discussions) as a
subscriber to this mailing list so newcomers get the archive.

Anyway, thanks again!

On 2012-09-27T16:32:55 BST, Alessio Soldano wrote:

> I actually use the Zimbra search over my local checkout of the mailing
> list, then go back to http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/
> and get the link ;-)
>
> On 09/27/2012 05:31 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:
>> Thanks guys - much appreciated. Is there a simple way to search the
>> archive that I missed?
>>

>> On 2012-09-27T16:29:00 BST, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>>> Explained here
>>> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2012-July/006268.html
>>>
>>> -Jaikiran

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Tom Jenkinson
Thanks Jason, I have bookmarked this one now - much appreciated.

On 2012-09-27 16:35, Jason Greene wrote:

> You can also search here:
>
> http://jboss-as7-development.1055759.n5.nabble.com/
>

> On Sep 27, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Alessio Soldano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I actually use the Zimbra search over my local checkout of the mailing
>> list, then go back to http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/
>> and get the link ;-)
>>
>> On 09/27/2012 05:31 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:
>>> Thanks guys - much appreciated. Is there a simple way to search the
>>> archive that I missed?

>> Alessio Soldano
>> Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Radoslav Husar
Forget the archives, forget zimbra, forget nabble. The best search you
can get is search.jboss.org! ;-)

http://search.jboss.org/#!q=7.1-next&project=jboss-as7

Rado

On 27/09/12 17:31, Tom Jenkinson wrote:

> Thanks guys - much appreciated. Is there a simple way to search the
> archive that I missed?
>

> On 2012-09-27T16:29:00 BST, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> Explained here
>> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2012-July/006268.html
>>
>> -Jaikiran
>> On Thursday 27 September 2012 08:52 PM, Tom Jenkinson wrote:
>>> Apologies if this has been asked (possibly multiple times) before -
>>> searching the mailing list archives is as not simple as SBS (though
>>> would love to be educated otherwise).
>>>
>>> Please can someone clarify the difference between the 7.1 and 7.1-next
>>> branches? Near as I can tell they are identical so I just wondered as to
>>> their purpose:
>>> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/compare/7.1-next...7.1
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom

Re: Branch question: 7.1-next vs 7.1

Tom Jenkinson
Thanks Rado, that looks great too.

Is it possible that the mailing list is browseable via this mechanism
as well?