CLI - change IP address

Rostislav Svoboda
Hi guys.

I was trying to change bind address on AS7 (standalone) using CLI.

I did it by defining new interface and changing default-interface attribute of socket-binding-group.
{code}
/interface=publicIP:add(criteria=[("inet-address" => "10.34.3.154")])
/socket-binding-group=standard-sockets:write-attribute(name="default-interface", value="publicIP")
:reload
{code}

How can I edit directly default interface named "public" which uses 127.0.0.1 ?

Cheers,
Rosta

Re: CLI - change IP address

Alexey Loubyansky
The attribute is read-only in the model, so at runtime you can't do it.

Alexey

On 07/14/2011 03:19 PM, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I was trying to change bind address on AS7 (standalone) using CLI.
>
> I did it by defining new interface and changing default-interface attribute of socket-binding-group.
> {code}
> /interface=publicIP:add(criteria=[("inet-address" =>  "10.34.3.154")])
> /socket-binding-group=standard-sockets:write-attribute(name="default-interface", value="publicIP")
> :reload
> {code}
>
> How can I edit directly default interface named "public" which uses 127.0.0.1 ?
>
> Cheers,
> Rosta

Re: CLI - change IP address

Brian Stansberry
That attribute should be read-write:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1299

Writing the attribute will probably require a reload or restart of the
server though.

On 7/15/11 2:18 AM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:

> The attribute is read-only in the model, so at runtime you can't do it.
>
> Alexey
>
> On 07/14/2011 03:19 PM, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> I was trying to change bind address on AS7 (standalone) using CLI.
>>
>> I did it by defining new interface and changing default-interface attribute of socket-binding-group.
>> {code}
>> /interface=publicIP:add(criteria=[("inet-address" =>   "10.34.3.154")])
>> /socket-binding-group=standard-sockets:write-attribute(name="default-interface", value="publicIP")
>> :reload
>> {code}
>>
>> How can I edit directly default interface named "public" which uses 127.0.0.1 ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rosta

Re: CLI - change IP address

Rostislav Svoboda
Hi.

I need to run some tests against cluster of several AS7 instances in 2 major cases:
 - instances managed by domain controller
 - several standalone instances
For each case 2 sub-cases can be defined:
 - instances running on the same machine, using different IP addresses
 - instances running on the same machine, using the same IP address with different ports

My "testsuite" is divided into several modules, some are for server preparation and some for test execution.

### several standalone instances (running on the same machine)
My plan is to copy AS7 instance to server-1, server-2, server-3 directories and than start server-1 and reconfigure it using CLI. The same for server-2, server-3 - servers should be binded to 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2, 127.0.0.3 or have changed port.

I have workaround for standard-sockets interface definition as described in previous post.
But problem is with management-interfaces, attributes interface and port are read-only. This applies for both subcases to avoid 'Address Already in Use' exception for management ports.

I want to avoid direct changes in XML configuration for my tests. Is there any way how to configure native-interface and http-interface at runtime? Could it be implemented if it's not currently supported?
I don't expect that these changes should be reflected with :reload command, restart of server is expected for this kind of operation.

### instances managed by domain controller (DC)
I haven't tested it yet, but I expect no problems because DC must propagate changes to host.xml.

Rosta

> The attribute is read-only in the model, so at runtime you can't do
> it.
>
> Alexey
>
> On 07/14/2011 03:19 PM, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > I was trying to change bind address on AS7 (standalone) using CLI.
> >
> > I did it by defining new interface and changing default-interface
> > attribute of socket-binding-group.
> > {code}
> > /interface=publicIP:add(criteria=[("inet-address" =>
> > "10.34.3.154")])
> > /socket-binding-group=standard-sockets:write-attribute(name="default-interface",
> > value="publicIP")
> > :reload
> > {code}
> >
> > How can I edit directly default interface named "public" which uses
> > 127.0.0.1 ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rosta

Re: CLI - change IP address