CLI commandline on Windows and long commands

CLI commandline on Windows and long commands

Wolfgang Knauf
Hi to all,

when using a 7.1 snapshot from last week (2012-02-01) on Windows, I
noticed that "jboss-cli.bat" it is quite unusable when a command is
longer than one line: no chance to navigate from line 2 to the first
line of the command, "cursor left" is stuck at the first char of line 2
(the good olde Oracle SQLPlus times are back ;-)).

Is this a known issue (fixed since this version)? I can't image that I
am first one noticing this ;-)?

Best regards

Wolfgang

Re: CLI commandline on Windows and long commands

Alexey Loubyansky
It is a known issue https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2615

The fix will be a switch from jline which the cli relies on for
low-level command line handling.

Alexey

On 02/07/2012 09:36 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> when using a 7.1 snapshot from last week (2012-02-01) on Windows, I
> noticed that "jboss-cli.bat" it is quite unusable when a command is
> longer than one line: no chance to navigate from line 2 to the first
> line of the command, "cursor left" is stuck at the first char of line 2
> (the good olde Oracle SQLPlus times are back ;-)).
>
> Is this a known issue (fixed since this version)? I can't image that I
> am first one noticing this ;-)?
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang

Issues resolved in 7.1.1?

Dimitris Andreadis
Is this a mistake and issues resolved for 7.1.1 should move to 7.1?

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7/fixforversion/12318875

Re: Issues resolved in 7.1.1?

Brian Stansberry
I'll go through them and change as appropriate.