Can the location of JBoss CLI History file be configured?

Can the location of JBoss CLI History file be configured?

Vimal Kansal
Hi,

By default .jboss-cli-history file is created in home folder. I was
wondering if this is configurable?

Thx

Vimal

Re: Can the location of JBoss CLI History file be configured?

Alexey Loubyansky
No, it's not and deserves a jira.

There should be a CLI config somewhere.
Besides the history file location and name, there should be the length
of the history which is 500 by default.
(Related to history 'history --clear' clears only the in-memory one but
doesn't touch the file, probably it should, to be consistent.)

There are other things to store. Not sure yet whether they deserve a
separate file. E.g. rollout plans.

Alexey

On 11/07/2011 06:19 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> By default .jboss-cli-history file is created in home folder. I was
> wondering if this is configurable?
>
> Thx
>
> Vimal

Re: Can the location of JBoss CLI History file be configured?

Darran Lofthouse
+1 on the CLI config may ping you later in the week as we are getting
close to adding both SSL and Kerberos to Remoting so both may need some
static config to configure.

On 11/07/2011 01:32 PM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:

> No, it's not and deserves a jira.
>
> There should be a CLI config somewhere.
> Besides the history file location and name, there should be the length
> of the history which is 500 by default.
> (Related to history 'history --clear' clears only the in-memory one but
> doesn't touch the file, probably it should, to be consistent.)
>
> There are other things to store. Not sure yet whether they deserve a
> separate file. E.g. rollout plans.
>
> Alexey
>
> On 11/07/2011 06:19 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> By default .jboss-cli-history file is created in home folder. I was
>> wondering if this is configurable?
>>
>> Thx
>>
>> Vimal

Re: Can the location of JBoss CLI History file be configured?

Vimal Kansal
Created the JIRA : [JBoss JIRA] (AS7-2536) CLI Configurability

> +1 on the CLI config may ping you later in the week as we are getting
> close to adding both SSL and Kerberos to Remoting so both may need some
> static config to configure.
>
> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.
>

> On 11/07/2011 01:32 PM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
>> No, it's not and deserves a jira.
>>
>> There should be a CLI config somewhere.
>> Besides the history file location and name, there should be the length
>> of the history which is 500 by default.
>> (Related to history 'history --clear' clears only the in-memory one but
>> doesn't touch the file, probably it should, to be consistent.)
>>
>> There are other things to store. Not sure yet whether they deserve a
>> separate file. E.g. rollout plans.
>>
>> Alexey
>>
>> On 11/07/2011 06:19 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> By default .jboss-cli-history file is created in home folder. I was
>>> wondering if this is configurable?
>>>
>>> Thx
>>>
>>> Vimal

Re: Can the location of JBoss CLI History file be configured?

Max Rydahl Andersen

> +1 on the CLI config may ping you later in the week as we are getting
> close to adding both SSL and Kerberos to Remoting so both may need some
> static config to configure.

could whoever do this hook in a JBIDE/JBDS tooling jira since we would need the same
- just as well try and use the same config if possible.

/max

> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.
>

> On 11/07/2011 01:32 PM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
>> No, it's not and deserves a jira.
>>
>> There should be a CLI config somewhere.
>> Besides the history file location and name, there should be the length
>> of the history which is 500 by default.
>> (Related to history 'history --clear' clears only the in-memory one but
>> doesn't touch the file, probably it should, to be consistent.)
>>
>> There are other things to store. Not sure yet whether they deserve a
>> separate file. E.g. rollout plans.
>>
>> Alexey
>>
>> On 11/07/2011 06:19 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> By default .jboss-cli-history file is created in home folder. I was
>>> wondering if this is configurable?
>>>
>>> Thx
>>>
>>> Vimal

/max