Cannot find jboss-as-dist-7.1.2.Final

Thomas Diesler
Folks,

I don't see 7.1.2.Final in
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jboss/as/jboss-as-dist/
Could you please have a look?

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Diesler
JBoss OSGi Lead
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Cannot find jboss-as-dist-7.1.2.Final

Thomas Diesler
It seems bizarre that community has access to the 7.1.2.Final SCM tag
but cannot download the readily build artefacts from maven. As a result
I would have to tell jbosgi users to build AS7 themselves from the tag
to get access to the updated features. Is this really intended to work
that way?

I suggest to also publish the maven artefacts when there is a public SCM
tag. I understand that the download does not necessarily need to be
available here: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Diesler
JBoss OSGi Lead
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Cannot find jboss-as-dist-7.1.2.Final

Fernando Lozano
Hi,

Has anyone outside red hat tried to build AS 7.1.2.Final from sources?

I attempted do build a number of jboss.org projects from tags visible to
the general public, but which did not correspond do public releases, and
failed on all atemps, having problems such as references do internal
repositories and other quicks that sugest they were not meant for public
consuption.

It looks red hat forgets all about AS community releases when they have
an EAP release. Looks like there's no interestest in supporting
community users, they way glassfish, apache tomcat and others do,
including jboss.org projects such as hibernate. :-(

[]s, Fernando Lozano

> It seems bizarre that community has access to the 7.1.2.Final SCM tag
> but cannot download the readily build artefacts from maven. As a result
> I would have to tell jbosgi users to build AS7 themselves from the tag
> to get access to the updated features. Is this really intended to work
> that way?
>
> I suggest to also publish the maven artefacts when there is a public SCM
> tag. I understand that the download does not necessarily need to be
> available here: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html
>
> cheers
> -thomas
>
> On 05/14/2012 09:37 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
>> No dates AFAICT. Jason is probably under EAP pressure ;)
>>
>> Tristan
>>
>> On 05/14/2012 09:25 AM, Thomas Diesler wrote:
>>> Thanks, do you also know details about the next community release?
>>> This info is currently not visible in jira.

Re: Cannot find jboss-as-dist-7.1.2.Final

Thomas Diesler
Fernando,

 > It looks red hat forgets all about AS community releases

this is certainly not true. If you see a project tag that fails to build
I'd personally like to know the details. It's easy enough to setup a box
with a clean repo that does the build. Only when we have the details, we
can create a jira issue and fix it.

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Diesler
JBoss OSGi Lead
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Cannot find jboss-as-dist-7.1.2.Final

Right, we did previously have some cases of brew builds showing up in
the project's product branches (JBPAPP for example). This should no
longer be the case, especially with AS7 and onward. 7.1.2 will build.

On 5/14/12 8:42 AM, Thomas Diesler wrote:

> Fernando,
>
>   >  It looks red hat forgets all about AS community releases
>
> this is certainly not true. If you see a project tag that fails to build
> I'd personally like to know the details. It's easy enough to setup a box
> with a clean repo that does the build. Only when we have the details, we
> can create a jira issue and fix it.
>
> cheers
> -thomas
>

> On 05/14/2012 01:59 PM, Fernando Lozano wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone outside red hat tried to build AS 7.1.2.Final from sources?
>>
>> I attempted do build a number of jboss.org projects from tags visible
>> to the general public, but which did not correspond do public
>> releases, and failed on all atemps, having problems such as references
>> do internal repositories and other quicks that sugest they were not
>> meant for public consuption.
>>
>> It looks red hat forgets all about AS community releases when they
>> have an EAP release. Looks like there's no interestest in supporting
>> community users, they way glassfish, apache tomcat and others do,
>> including jboss.org projects such as hibernate. :-(
>>

>> []s, Fernando Lozano
>>
>>> It seems bizarre that community has access to the 7.1.2.Final SCM tag
>>> but cannot download the readily build artefacts from maven. As a result
>>> I would have to tell jbosgi users to build AS7 themselves from the tag
>>> to get access to the updated features. Is this really intended to work
>>> that way?
>>>
>>> I suggest to also publish the maven artefacts when there is a public SCM
>>> tag. I understand that the download does not necessarily need to be
>>> available here: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> -thomas

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: Cannot find jboss-as-dist-7.1.2.Final

We have always had product tags and branches in our community repos. The
difference is that we aligned the versioning between AS and EAP to make
it easy to see the serial progression of releases. For example, EAP
6.0.0.GA will report itself on start as something like EAP 6.0.0.GA (AS
7.1.2-redhatX). The parens contains the actual singular version stream.
In this case X = build number, which includes a mix of patches on top of
7.1.2. Why is this useful? Well, if you are a user of both, which many
of our customers are, you easily know if a set of features or bugs you
were monitoring made it into the release (We have historically had
support cases asking exactly this).

The other change is that we are using community JIRA for these EAP only
version releases to make it easier for anyone (internal or external) to
resolve an issue for both EAP and AS.

Again, the alternative would have been to call 7.1.2 something like
JBPAPP_6_0_CHECKPOINT or something like that. In both cases if you want
the binaries you have to get EAP.

The next community release will be 7.2.0.Alpha1, and will include
everything in 7.1.2. We have just started working on this release as of
last week. The tentative date is July 16th. I'll finalize that today.

On Monday 14 May 2012 05:29 PM, Fernando Lozano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone outside red hat tried to build AS 7.1.2.Final from sources?
>
> I attempted do build a number of jboss.org projects from tags visible to
> the general public, but which did not correspond do public releases, and
> failed on all atemps, having problems such as references do internal
> repositories and other quicks that sugest they were not meant for public
> consuption.

Did you try building it from the 7.1.2.Final tag? What issues did you
run into? I know atleast a couple of community users who have built it
from tag without any issues. If you have any issues related to the build
feel free to raise it in the forums?

-Jaikiran

> It looks red hat forgets all about AS community releases when they have
> an EAP release. Looks like there's no interestest in supporting
> community users, they way glassfish, apache tomcat and others do,
> including jboss.org projects such as hibernate. :-(
>

> []s, Fernando Lozano
>
>> It seems bizarre that community has access to the 7.1.2.Final SCM tag
>> but cannot download the readily build artefacts from maven. As a result
>> I would have to tell jbosgi users to build AS7 themselves from the tag
>> to get access to the updated features. Is this really intended to work
>> that way?
>>
>> I suggest to also publish the maven artefacts when there is a public SCM
>> tag. I understand that the download does not necessarily need to be
>> available here: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html
>>
>> cheers
>> -thomas
>>
>> On 05/14/2012 09:37 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
>>> No dates AFAICT. Jason is probably under EAP pressure ;)
>>>
>>> Tristan

Re: Cannot find jboss-as-dist-7.1.2.Final

Panzer, Robert
Hi,

are there any plans to provide any 7.1.x artifacts through the maven repository?
I don't care about an "official" download and I already built it myself, but we are using arquillian to test our application and it's a hell to get the classpath right without using maven or ivy (in our case).
And I don't want to drive a mixed combination having a 7.1.1 base "test driver" that deploys the application to a 7.1.2 JBoss instance.

Kind regards,
Robert

On Monday 14 May 2012 05:29 PM, Fernando Lozano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone outside red hat tried to build AS 7.1.2.Final from sources?
>
> I attempted do build a number of jboss.org projects from tags visible to
> the general public, but which did not correspond do public releases, and
> failed on all atemps, having problems such as references do internal
> repositories and other quicks that sugest they were not meant for public
> consuption.

Did you try building it from the 7.1.2.Final tag? What issues did you
run into? I know atleast a couple of community users who have built it
from tag without any issues. If you have any issues related to the build
feel free to raise it in the forums?

-Jaikiran

> It looks red hat forgets all about AS community releases when they have
> an EAP release. Looks like there's no interestest in supporting
> community users, they way glassfish, apache tomcat and others do,
> including jboss.org projects such as hibernate. :-(
>

> []s, Fernando Lozano
>
>> It seems bizarre that community has access to the 7.1.2.Final SCM tag
>> but cannot download the readily build artefacts from maven. As a result
>> I would have to tell jbosgi users to build AS7 themselves from the tag
>> to get access to the updated features. Is this really intended to work
>> that way?
>>
>> I suggest to also publish the maven artefacts when there is a public SCM
>> tag. I understand that the download does not necessarily need to be
>> available here: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html
>>
>> cheers
>> -thomas
>>
>> On 05/14/2012 09:37 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
>>> No dates AFAICT. Jason is probably under EAP pressure ;)
>>>
>>> Tristan

WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht Paderborn HRB 3507
Geschäftsführer: Eckard Heidloff (Vorsitzender), Dr. Jürgen Wunram
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Karl-Heinz Stiller
Steuernummer: 339/5884/0020 - Ust-ID Nr.: DE812927716 - WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE44477193

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.