Configuring the logging per deployment in Jbos EAP 6

Configuring the logging per deployment in Jbos EAP 6

itsvenuhere

I am using Jboss EAP 6 and i configured the below VM arguement to enable the logging per deployment

-Dorg.jboss.as.logging.per-deployment=true

And, added the log4j.xml file in classpath for file appender. Below is the log4j.xml that is available under WEB-INF/classes

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
     <appender name="AppLogAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">

     </layout>
     </appender>

     <category name="servlets">
         <priority value="DEBUG"/>
     </category>

     <category name="org.apache">
         <priority value="DEBUG"/>
     </category>
      <category name="org.jboss">
         <priority value="DEBUG"/>
     </category>
     <category name="org.apache.axis">
         <priority value="DEBUG"/>
     </category>
         <category name="org.springframework">
         <priority value="DEBUG"/>
     </category>

     <root>
         <priority value ="DEBUG"/>
         <appender-ref ref="AppLogAppender"/>
     </root>
</log4j:configuration>

And, added the log4j-1.2.15.jar under WEB-INF/lib.

But, it didn't created "FileAppender.log" and there's no errors in console too.

Can you tell me where it went wrong?

Re: Configuring the logging per deployment in Jbos EAP 6

itsvenuhere
One more doubt is,when i enable the org.jboss.as.logging.per-deployment flag to true, I am not able to see the logs related to module in console also.

Can i get any documentation related to enabling/disabling the logging per deployment in Jboss EAP 6?

Re: Configuring the logging per deployment in Jbos EAP 6

James Perkins
By default the per-deployment logging is enabled. When it is enabled
though, you do not want to include your own version of log4j. You can
also enable TRACE logging on org.jboss.as.logging in the logging
subsystem to see if your configuration file is being found.

On 12/11/2012 09:50 PM, itsvenuhere wrote:

> One more doubt is,when i enable the org.jboss.as.logging.per-deployment flag
> to true, I am not able to see the logs related to module in console also.
>
> Can i get any documentation related to enabling/disabling the logging per
> deployment in Jboss EAP 6?

James R. Perkins