DB2 datasources in AS7

Joel Tosi
Morning list,
    Has anyone encountered an issue with a DB2 datasource in CR1 or AS7 final?  There appears to be a dependency problem and an issue with the way datasources and drivers are defined in those versions (CR1 and final) versus how it was accomplished in beta 3.

    The current documentations says to deploy the jar as you would any archive but then it appears as though the module architecture does not recognize the driver as being deployed when the datasource association to the driver is done.  Does it expect the driver to be a module?

Any help around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tosi

Re: DB2 datasources in AS7

Jaikiran Pai
I haven't personally tried it, but do you see any specific errors? The
right docs to follow is this one
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Admin+Guide#AdminGuide-Datasources.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 13 July 2011 07:42 PM, Joel Tosi wrote:

> Morning list,
>     Has anyone encountered an issue with a DB2 datasource in CR1 or
> AS7 final?  There appears to be a dependency problem and an issue with
> the way datasources and drivers are defined in those versions (CR1 and
> final) versus how it was accomplished in beta 3.
>
>     The current documentations says to deploy the jar as you would any
> archive but then it appears as though the module architecture does not
> recognize the driver as being deployed when the datasource association
> to the driver is done.  Does it expect the driver to be a module?
>
> Any help around this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tosi

Re: DB2 datasources in AS7

Joel Tosi
I wasn't able to get the errors.  Let me try and get that as well as
provide the link out.

Thanks for the quick response Jaikiran

On 07/13/2011 12:52 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I haven't personally tried it, but do you see any specific errors? The
> right docs to follow is this one
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Admin+Guide#AdminGuide-Datasources.
>

> -Jaikiran
> On Wednesday 13 July 2011 07:42 PM, Joel Tosi wrote:
>> Morning list,
>>      Has anyone encountered an issue with a DB2 datasource in CR1 or
>> AS7 final?  There appears to be a dependency problem and an issue with
>> the way datasources and drivers are defined in those versions (CR1 and
>> final) versus how it was accomplished in beta 3.
>>
>>      The current documentations says to deploy the jar as you would any
>> archive but then it appears as though the module architecture does not
>> recognize the driver as being deployed when the datasource association
>> to the driver is done.  Does it expect the driver to be a module?
>>
>> Any help around this would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tosi

Re: DB2 datasources in AS7

Joel Tosi
Little more insight on the issue - could you confirm if this makes sense / is in line with expectations?

In AS7 Beta 3, Ironjacamar 1.0.0.beta5 was used and in Final it is CR2.  With beta 3, the document on datasource definitions for the <driver> tag says to use a convention where you specify the driver with an annotation that uses a #major_version.minor_version convention - i.e. com.ibm,db2.jcc.DB2Driver#3.58.  In the final release, it appears that we would specify the jar file by name in the <driver> tag if we are deploying as a driver (as opposed to plugging it into a module) - so in this case we would enter the jar file name, i.e. db2jcc4.jar.

Is that in line with expectations between the versions?

Tosi

On 07/13/2011 01:29 PM, Joel Tosi wrote:
[...]

Heiko Braun

The schema has changed between Beta3 and CR1.
The driver needs to be declared inline and referenced by name.