Deploy resource adapter as subdeployment of an ear without an application.xml

Deploy resource adapter as subdeployment of an ear without an application.xml

Panzer, Robert

Hi,

I am quite new to JBoss 7 and its architecture. I was using JBoss 4.0.5 and 5.1 for the last couple of years.

Now I want to switch to JBoss 7 and tried to deploy an ear file containing a resource adapter.

There is no application.xml in the ear file.

Unfortunately the server does not pay any attention to the rar during deployment and I did not know how to define the connection factories other than writing an ironjacamar.xml and placing it in the rar.

On JBoss 4/5 this worked without any problems by defining the connector-module inside the application.xml and placing a –ra.xml file in the deploy/ folder. But I do not want to write down this unnecessary stuff and try to live without an application.xml at all.

Is there anything I have missed in the documentation?

I debugged the code and was able to get the resource adapter deployed by modifying the EarStructureProcessor on the current master. (Just pulled this morning.)

It simply adds “.rar” to the list of well know subdeployment file extensions and creates a subdeployment for a resource adapter in case no ear meta data is present.

I attached the necessary patches. (I am not really firm with git yet, so please excuse any nonsense.)

What is your opinion on this?

Any comments are welcome!

Kind regards,

Robert

WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht Paderborn HRB 3507
Geschäftsführer: Eckard Heidloff (Vorsitzender), Stefan Auerbach, Dr. Jürgen Wunram
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Karl-Heinz Stiller
Steuernummer: 339/5884/0020 - Ust-ID Nr.: DE812927716 - WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE44477193

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

0001-Add-.rar-extension.patch (1K) Download Attachment
0002-Add-rar-archives-to-list-of-subdeployments-if-not-de.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Deploy resource adapter as subdeployment of an ear without an application.xml

kkhan
Please ask user questions here: http://community.jboss.org/en/jbossas/as7_users?view=discussions&start=0