Externalize the number of ServiceContainer.ContainerExecutor thread pool max threads

Externalize the number of ServiceContainer.ContainerExecutor thread pool max threads

Scott Stark
I created this feature request:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1448

to incorporate a change that I made for the AS7 used by the openshift express cartridge. I need control over how many threads the server creates to ensure that the imposed process limit is not exceeded. One place that has no externalized control is the bootstrap of the ServiceContainer.ContainerExecutor thread pool max threads. Can we add a new org.jboss.as.server.ServerEnvironment property along the lines of the org.jboss.server.bootstrap.maxThreads shown in the issue?

Assign the issue to me if there is a change along the patch shown in the issue, otherwise, propose an alternative.

Re: Externalize the number of ServiceContainer.ContainerExecutor thread pool max threads

David Lloyd-2
On 08/02/2011 03:51 PM, Scott Stark wrote:

> I created this feature request:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1448
>
> to incorporate a change that I made for the AS7 used by the openshift
> express cartridge. I need control over how many threads the server
> creates to ensure that the imposed process limit is not exceeded. One
> place that has no externalized control is the bootstrap of the
> ServiceContainer.ContainerExecutor thread pool max threads. Can we add a
> new org.jboss.as.server.ServerEnvironment property along the lines of
> the org.jboss.server.bootstrap.maxThreads shown in the issue?
>
> Assign the issue to me if there is a change along the patch shown in the
> issue...

Done.