Fwd: ContainerStateMonitor

Martin Stefanko
Forwarding to the mailing list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Stefanko <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM
Subject: ContainerStateMonitor
To: [hidden email]

Hello David,

For my issue [1] I need to propagate log massage from the ContainerStateMonitor [2] to the HAL console. As I have no experience with the wildfly-core may I ask if there is some easy way to this? What I see in HAL we are using operations directly on CLI. I would like to use something in style of events and listeners if it is possible.

Thank you.

[2] https://github.com/xstefank/wildfly-core/blob/master/controller/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/controller/ContainerStateMonitor.java#L72

Martin Stefanko

Associate Software Engineer
JBoss Sustaining Engineering Team
Red Hat Czech s.r.o.

Re: Fwd: ContainerStateMonitor

Brian Stansberry
There’s no easy way to do that.

From a design point of view it doesn’t sound right to try to hook into that message on the client. For the console to make use of that it would need to correlate some async notification from the server with the deployment request so it could inform the user of the negative effect of that request. And if we can do that in the console it makes more sense to do it server side in the operation handling and fail the operation with an error message.

So the thing to do is better understand why the missing dependency is not triggering rollback of the deployment operation and see if that can be improved. I believe the ContainerStateMonitor is running due to execution of the operation so it should be possible.