Getting rid of test JMS destinations

Brian Stansberry
Hi Pete,

In EAP 6 the test/topic and test/queue destinations are removed from
standalone-xxx.xml (and domain.xml). We'd like to do the same in
upstream in 7.1.1 or 7.2[1].

For 7.1.1 can any quickstarts that use these destinations be modified to
set up their own destinations?

Re: Getting rid of test JMS destinations

kkhan
This is the pull request I mentioned that gets rid of them:
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1614
On 29 Feb 2012, at 13:56, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> In EAP 6 the test/topic and test/queue destinations are removed from standalone-xxx.xml (and domain.xml). We'd like to do the same in upstream in 7.1.1 or 7.2[1].
>
> For 7.1.1 can any quickstarts that use these destinations be modified to set up their own destinations?
>
> --
> Brian Stansberry
> Principal Software Engineer

Re: Getting rid of test JMS destinations

kkhan
I did not think about quickstarts at all so good catch
On 29 Feb 2012, at 13:58, Kabir Khan wrote:

> This is the pull request I mentioned that gets rid of them:
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1614
> On 29 Feb 2012, at 13:56, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> In EAP 6 the test/topic and test/queue destinations are removed from standalone-xxx.xml (and domain.xml). We'd like to do the same in upstream in 7.1.1 or 7.2[1].
>>
>> For 7.1.1 can any quickstarts that use these destinations be modified to set up their own destinations?
>>
>> --
>> Brian Stansberry
>> Principal Software Engineer
>> JBoss by Red Hat

Re: Getting rid of test JMS destinations

Pete Muir
Serge/Tom, can you do this? Brian, when is the deadline?

On 29 Feb 2012, at 13:56, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> In EAP 6 the test/topic and test/queue destinations are removed from standalone-xxx.xml (and domain.xml). We'd like to do the same in upstream in 7.1.1 or 7.2[1].
>
> For 7.1.1 can any quickstarts that use these destinations be modified to set up their own destinations?
>
> --
> Brian Stansberry
> Principal Software Engineer

Re: Getting rid of test JMS destinations

Tom Jenkinson
Hi Pete,

I can do the cmt and jts quickstarts, I could do it as part of pull 80?

Tom

On 2012-02-29 15:21, Pete Muir wrote:

> Serge/Tom, can you do this? Brian, when is the deadline?
>
> On 29 Feb 2012, at 13:56, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> In EAP 6 the test/topic and test/queue destinations are removed from standalone-xxx.xml (and domain.xml). We'd like to do the same in upstream in 7.1.1 or 7.2[1].
>>
>> For 7.1.1 can any quickstarts that use these destinations be modified to set up their own destinations?
>>
>> --
>> Brian Stansberry
>> Principal Software Engineer
>> JBoss by Red Hat

Re: Getting rid of test JMS destinations

7.1.1 is scheduled for release on March 7 (next Wed), so next Tuesday.

On 2/29/12 9:21 AM, Pete Muir wrote:

> Serge/Tom, can you do this? Brian, when is the deadline?
>
> On 29 Feb 2012, at 13:56, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> In EAP 6 the test/topic and test/queue destinations are removed from standalone-xxx.xml (and domain.xml). We'd like to do the same in upstream in 7.1.1 or 7.2[1].
>>
>> For 7.1.1 can any quickstarts that use these destinations be modified to set up their own destinations?
>>
>> --
>> Brian Stansberry
>> Principal Software Engineer
>> JBoss by Red Hat

Re: Getting rid of test JMS destinations

Pete Muir
It's probably better to try to do it independently.

On 29 Feb 2012, at 15:25, Tom Jenkinson wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> I can do the cmt and jts quickstarts, I could do it as part of pull 80?
>
> Tom
>
> On 2012-02-29 15:21, Pete Muir wrote:
>> Serge/Tom, can you do this? Brian, when is the deadline?
>>
>> On 29 Feb 2012, at 13:56, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pete,
>>>
>>> In EAP 6 the test/topic and test/queue destinations are removed from standalone-xxx.xml (and domain.xml). We'd like to do the same in upstream in 7.1.1 or 7.2[1].
>>>
>>> For 7.1.1 can any quickstarts that use these destinations be modified to set up their own destinations?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brian Stansberry
>>> Principal Software Engineer
>>> JBoss by Red Hat

Re: Getting rid of test JMS destinations

Tom Jenkinson
Sure, I raised a pull for the cmt and jts quickstarts.