IPv6 in AS7

Tom Wells
Hi,

I'm looking for information regarding what AS7 subsystems require specific configuration for IPv6.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Wells
Engineering Content Services
Red Hat, Brisbane Australia

Re: IPv6 in AS7

Richard Achmatowicz
Tom

At present, not an easy question to answer in full as there are a number
of use cases to consider. Some of the use cases are outlined here:
https://docspace.corp.redhat.com/docs/DOC-47796.

In practice, however, AS7 should work out of the box with IPv6 IP
addresses, as long as you start up the JVM with the stack preferences
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Djava.net.preferIPv6Addresses=true
which request an IPv6 stack.  At present, the IPv4 stack is preferred,
via settings in domain.conf and standalone.conf (the JAVA_OPTS
environment variable). So you'll need to change that setting in order to
start with IPv6 addresses.

Unless you are considering specific edge use cases, no other
configuration should be required.

Richard