Implicit dependencies on jmx from webservices

Implicit dependencies on jmx from webservices

Scott Stark
If I remove the jmx subsystem from the current JBoss AS
7.1.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT build, I see the webservices deployer fail with
the following NPE on startup:

     at
org.jboss.as.webservices.deployers.EndpointRecordProcessorDeploymentAspect.<init>(EndpointRecordProcessorDeploymentAspect.java:54)
Method) [:1.6.0_26]
     at
[:1.6.0_26]
     at
[:1.6.0_26]
[:1.6.0_26]
     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355) [:1.6.0_26]
     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308) [:1.6.0_26]
     at
org.jboss.as.webservices.parser.WSDeploymentAspectParser.parseDeploymentAspect(WSDeploymentAspectParser.java:140)
     ... 187 more

There is an implicit dependency on the jboss.mbean.server service being
used on the NPE line:

         setMbeanServer((MBeanServer)
WSServices.getContainerRegistry().getService(ServiceName.JBOSS.append("mbean",
"server"))
                 .getService().getValue());

Shouldn't this be an externalized dependency declared to the msc via
injection?

Re: Implicit dependencies on jmx from webservices

Alessio Soldano
Thanks Stuart.
I'll fix this later this week, basically we do have a properly declared
dependency to the mbean server via injection in a service that's started
during WS subsystem boot. AFAICS the problem here is that processor is
created before the service is started, so it should not try to get the
mbean server in its constructor.

Alessio

On 10/23/2011 01:13 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> I have committed a workaround for this upstream, and created a JIRA:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2205
>
> Stuart
>

> On 22/10/2011, at 5:04 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
>
>> If I remove the jmx subsystem from the current JBoss AS
>> 7.1.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT build, I see the webservices deployer fail with
>> the following NPE on startup:

>>     at
>> org.jboss.as.webservices.deployers.EndpointRecordProcessorDeploymentAspect.<init>(EndpointRecordProcessorDeploymentAspect.java:54)
>>     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method) [:1.6.0_26]
>>     at
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> [:1.6.0_26]
>>     at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>> [:1.6.0_26]
>>     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>> [:1.6.0_26]
>>     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355) [:1.6.0_26]
>>     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308) [:1.6.0_26]
>>     at
>> org.jboss.as.webservices.parser.WSDeploymentAspectParser.parseDeploymentAspect(WSDeploymentAspectParser.java:140)
>>     ... 187 more
>>
>> There is an implicit dependency on the jboss.mbean.server service being
>> used on the NPE line:
>>
>>         setMbeanServer((MBeanServer)
>> WSServices.getContainerRegistry().getService(ServiceName.JBOSS.append("mbean",
>> "server"))
>>                 .getService().getValue());
>>
>> Shouldn't this be an externalized dependency declared to the msc via
>> injection?

Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss