IronJacamar jars causing java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected X but got Y bytes)

IronJacamar jars causing java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected X but got Y bytes)

Ondrej Zizka
Hi all,

when I use various tools to manipulate AS jars, this happens with IronJacamar jars:

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 576 but got 577 bytes)
        at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:206)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.writeZipEntry(InstrProcessorST.java:838)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST$EntryWriteJob.run(InstrProcessorST.java:905)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.drainJobQueue(InstrProcessorST.java:943)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.handleArchiveEnd(InstrProcessorST.java:353)
        ... 5 more

How are they packaged? Some special buggy tool?

It prevents me from preparing coverage reports, both Emma and JaCoco are affected.

Thanks,
Ondra

Re: IronJacamar jars causing java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected X but got Y bytes)

Lin Gao

On 01/13/2012 07:20 AM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:
Hi all,

when I use various tools to manipulate AS jars, this happens with IronJacamar jars:

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 576 but got 577 bytes)
        at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:206)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.writeZipEntry(InstrProcessorST.java:838)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST$EntryWriteJob.run(InstrProcessorST.java:905)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.drainJobQueue(InstrProcessorST.java:943)
        at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.handleArchiveEnd(InstrProcessorST.java:353)
        ... 5 more

How are they packaged? Some special buggy tool?

It prevents me from preparing coverage reports, both Emma and JaCoco are affected.

  Ironjacamar using ant + ivy as building tool, there is no special in the "<jar" task.

  Does all IronJacamar jars have this problem? Would you please ignore all IronJacamar jars for now to see whether your tool can pass?
BR
Lin Gao

Thanks,
Ondra

Re: IronJacamar jars causing java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected X but got Y bytes)

Max Rydahl Andersen

Is it the same error for jacoco?

/max

On Jan 16, 2012, at 07:01, Lin Gao wrote:

> On 01/13/2012 07:20 AM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> when I use various tools to manipulate AS jars, this happens with IronJacamar jars:
>>
>> Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 576 but got 577 bytes)
>>         at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:206)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.writeZipEntry(InstrProcessorST.java:838)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST$EntryWriteJob.run(InstrProcessorST.java:905)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.drainJobQueue(InstrProcessorST.java:943)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.handleArchiveEnd(InstrProcessorST.java:353)
>>         ... 5 more
>>
>> How are they packaged? Some special buggy tool?
>>
>> It prevents me from preparing coverage reports, both Emma and JaCoco are affected.
>
>   Ironjacamar using ant + ivy as building tool, there is no special in the "<jar" task.
>
>   Does all IronJacamar jars have this problem? Would you please ignore all IronJacamar jars for now to see whether your tool can pass?
> BR
> Lin Gao
>

>> Thanks,
>> Ondra

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: IronJacamar jars causing java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected X but got Y bytes)

Ondrej Zizka
All IJ jars were affected.
I suspect it's the issue described here: http://www.coderanch.com/t/275390/Streams/java/ZipException-invalid-entry-compressed-size
in which case it's caused by certain way of coding the zip manipulation.

I got over this by unzipping and zipping IronJacamar jars.
JaCoCo was not affected in the end, I only left garbage in place of the zips (after playing with re-zipping).

Ondra

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 13:17 +0100, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
Is it the same error for jacoco?

/max

On Jan 16, 2012, at 07:01, Lin Gao wrote:

> On 01/13/2012 07:20 AM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> when I use various tools to manipulate AS jars, this happens with IronJacamar jars:
>>
>> Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 576 but got 577 bytes)
>>         at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:206)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.writeZipEntry(InstrProcessorST.java:838)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST$EntryWriteJob.run(InstrProcessorST.java:905)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.drainJobQueue(InstrProcessorST.java:943)
>>         at com.vladium.emma.instr.InstrProcessorST.handleArchiveEnd(InstrProcessorST.java:353)
>>         ... 5 more
>>
>> How are they packaged? Some special buggy tool?
>>
>> It prevents me from preparing coverage reports, both Emma and JaCoco are affected.
>
>   Ironjacamar using ant + ivy as building tool, there is no special in the "<jar" task.
>
>   Does all IronJacamar jars have this problem? Would you please ignore all IronJacamar jars for now to see whether your tool can pass?
> BR
> Lin Gao
>

>> Thanks,
>> Ondra