Is Arquillian remote support present in AS7?

Is Arquillian remote support present in AS7?

Jaikiran Pai
A recent change to arquillian configuration in AS7 shows me a error like
this:

"The server is already running! Managed containers does not support
connecting to running server instances due to the possible harmfull
effect of connecting to the wrong server. Please stop server before
running or change to another type of container."

Admittedly, I used to abuse the Arquillian "managed" container to run
specific individual tests in the integration testsuite, by starting the
server myself and then running the tests. This doesn't seem to be
possible anymore. Is there a way I can switch back to the previous
behaviour (arquillian "remote" type) somehow in AS7? I don't want
Arquillian to start the server for me (for some specific reasons).

P.S: Adding Aslak to cc, since I'm not sure he's on AS7 dev list.

Re: Is Arquillian remote support present in AS7?

Stuart Douglas
This affects me as well, I have added the option to disable this check in arquillian.xml and disabled in our test suite.

Stuart

On 04/08/2011, at 4:55 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> A recent change to arquillian configuration in AS7 shows me a error like
> this:
>
> "The server is already running! Managed containers does not support
> connecting to running server instances due to the possible harmfull
> effect of connecting to the wrong server. Please stop server before
> running or change to another type of container."
>
> Admittedly, I used to abuse the Arquillian "managed" container to run
> specific individual tests in the integration testsuite, by starting the
> server myself and then running the tests. This doesn't seem to be
> possible anymore. Is there a way I can switch back to the previous
> behaviour (arquillian "remote" type) somehow in AS7? I don't want
> Arquillian to start the server for me (for some specific reasons).
>
> P.S: Adding Aslak to cc, since I'm not sure he's on AS7 dev list.
>
> -Jaikiran

Re: Is Arquillian remote support present in AS7?

Aslak Knutsen
There are two different containers for this;

Managed and Remote

Pr Arquillian standards the Managed containers should not connect to running instances they find, because this can lead to harmful deployments on servers you did not intend to deploy to.

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.jboss.as</groupId>
  <artifactId>jboss-as-arquillian-container-managed</artifactId>
</dependency>

This is where the Remote type of container comes, they won't start the container, but expect it to be started already and only deploy to it.

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.jboss.as</groupId>
  <artifactId>jboss-as-arquillian-container-remote</artifactId>
</dependency>

-aslak-