Is there any change in module concepts between jboss and wildfly

Is there any change in module concepts between jboss and wildfly

wildflyuser
1) Is there any change in module concepts between jboss and wildfly ?
2) In jobss we have folder as <JBossHome>/modules in wildfly
<wildfly_home_9.0.2>modules/system/layers/base. Is there any difference ?
3) As part of upgrade if we reuse/copy folder from <JBossHome>/modules to
<wildfly_home_9.0.2>modules/
   so that my deployed application should consider only modules from
<wildfly_home_9.0.2>modules/  and it should not consider
<wildfly_home_9.0.2>modules/system/layers/base
   Which will make the upgrade easier to proceed step by step.

--
Sent from: http://wildfly-development.1055759.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Is there any change in module concepts between jboss and wildfly

Jan Kalina
Hi, the difference (and meaning of modules/system/layers/base) you are
looking for is called layered distribution.
You can find more info here:

https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/LayeredDistributionsAndModulePathOrganization

If you have custom modules in your jboss modules directory, feel free
to keep it in the same structure, directly in modules, in wildfly.
But if you put all modules from jboss to wildfly, the resulting AS
will not be wildfly - most of the functionality will be superseded by
old jboss modules - there will be a lot of incompatibility between
some jboss and wildfly modules too, so no, this will not make the
upgrade easier.