JMS RA access in JBoss AS7

Marius Bogoevici
Hi all,

Does AS7 provide a way to accessing the messaging ResourceAdapter ?

In JBoss AS 5/6 it was possible to get access to it through the JMX bean
'jboss.jca:name='jms-ra.rar',service=RARDeployment' but I cannot see any
equivalent in AS7 (either JMX, JNDI or other).

Thanks,
Marius

Re: JMS RA access in JBoss AS7

Jesper Pedersen
On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 01:33:19 PM Marius Bogoevici wrote:
> Does AS7 provide a way to accessing the messaging ResourceAdapter ?

Yes - through the IronJacamar Core/SPI.

> In JBoss AS 5/6 it was possible to get access to it through the JMX bean
> 'jboss.jca:name='jms-ra.rar',service=RARDeployment' but I cannot see any
> equivalent in AS7 (either JMX, JNDI or other).

Nope, see

 ejb3/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/ejb3/component/EJBUtilities.java

as an example.

What is the use-case ?

Best regards,
 Jesper

Re: JMS RA access in JBoss AS7

Marius Bogoevici
On 10/12/2011 01:39 PM, Jesper Pedersen wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 01:33:19 PM Marius Bogoevici wrote:
>> Does AS7 provide a way to accessing the messaging ResourceAdapter ?
>>
> Yes - through the IronJacamar Core/SPI.
>
>> In JBoss AS 5/6 it was possible to get access to it through the JMX bean
>> 'jboss.jca:name='jms-ra.rar',service=RARDeployment' but I cannot see any
>> equivalent in AS7 (either JMX, JNDI or other).
>>
> Nope, see
>
>   ejb3/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/ejb3/component/EJBUtilities.java
>
> as an example.
OK, thanks!

> What is the use-case ?
I'm trying to set up a JcaMessageListenerContainer with Spring (needs
access to the RA).