JNDI Resource Dependencies

Rob Cernich
Hey all,

I was wondering if a non-JEE application needed to do anything special in its deployment if the application makes use of any JNDI resources (e.g. queues)?  Specifically, do I need to add service dependencies on those JNDI entries in the deployer?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Re: JNDI Resource Dependencies

Rob Cernich
Ping.

Some background:
SwitchYard exposes Camel functionality which may resolve JNDI resources (e.g. queue connection factories, etc.).  I would like to make sure that any subsystems supporting those resources (e.g. HornetQ) are not stopped prior to the application being stopped.

We have had some issues during shutdown, specifically, the HornetQ subsystem being stopped prior to the application.

Should SwitchYard be adding service dependencies on JNDI resources in its deployment processor?  Will this prevent the subsystems providing support for the resources from being stopped prior to the SwitchYard deployment?  Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance,
Rob