JSR88 undeployment

Wolfgang Knauf
Hi to all,

maybe this is a dumb user question, maybe this is a bug report. As I am
not sure, I hope someone with more knowledge can comment on this.

I am experimenting with JSR88 deployment in AS7 (which now has the great
benefit that the deployed app is still alive after a server reboot now ;-) )

My code is based on a JBoss test:
https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/testsuite/integration/smoke/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/smoke/jsr88/EnterpriseDeploymentTestCase.java

JBoss version is 7.0.1CR1.

My JSR88 deployer code worked fine for JBoss 4.2 to 6, and with some
minor changes (mostly imports) I could port it to AS7. But with AS7
undeploy does not seem to work.

Attached is the output of the JBoss client side at TRACE level.

Everything seems fine, but on the server side, I don't see "app xyz was
undeployed" console output, and "standalone.xml" still contains the
deployed app.

     <deployments>
         <deployment
name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear"
runtime-name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear">
             <content sha1="260d86890eb6b1716facde0e7e48819fe3c98f83"/>
         </deployment>
     </deployments>

The only server output is a "remote connection was closed by remote
side" warning message, which also happens on JSR88 deploy.

I can provide you with a full working sample of my small app if
necessary, but this would need a bit of refactoring :-(

Best regards

Wolfgang

jsr88undeploy.log (10K) Download Attachment

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Hmm, we had a serious bug in our protocol layer that might be the cause.
Can you give the following a try:?

https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-7.0.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/target/jboss-7.0.x.zip

On 1/12/12 2:27 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> maybe this is a dumb user question, maybe this is a bug report. As I am
> not sure, I hope someone with more knowledge can comment on this.
>
> I am experimenting with JSR88 deployment in AS7 (which now has the great
> benefit that the deployed app is still alive after a server reboot now
> ;-) )
>
> My code is based on a JBoss test:
> https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/testsuite/integration/smoke/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/smoke/jsr88/EnterpriseDeploymentTestCase.java
>

> JBoss version is 7.0.1CR1.
>
> My JSR88 deployer code worked fine for JBoss 4.2 to 6, and with some
> minor changes (mostly imports) I could port it to AS7. But with AS7
> undeploy does not seem to work.
>
> Attached is the output of the JBoss client side at TRACE level.
>
> Everything seems fine, but on the server side, I don't see "app xyz was
> undeployed" console output, and "standalone.xml" still contains the
> deployed app.
>
> <deployments>
> <deployment name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear"
> runtime-name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear">
> <content sha1="260d86890eb6b1716facde0e7e48819fe3c98f83"/>
> </deployment>
> </deployments>
>
> The only server output is a "remote connection was closed by remote
> side" warning message, which also happens on JSR88 deploy.
>
> I can provide you with a full working sample of my small app if
> necessary, but this would need a bit of refactoring :-(
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Wolfgang Knauf
Hi,

this the 7.0 branch I assume. Is there also a nightly build for 7.1?

The AS7.1 libs differ too much from the 7.0.1GA libs, so my code
currently only works for AS7.1.0CR1.

Maybe I won't find time to dig further into this before sunday.

Best regards

Wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
Von: Jason T. Greene <[hidden email]>
An: Wolfgang Knauf <[hidden email]>
CC: [hidden email]
Datum: 12.01.2012 21:38

> Hmm, we had a serious bug in our protocol layer that might be the cause.
> Can you give the following a try:?
>
> https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-7.0.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/target/jboss-7.0.x.zip
>

> On 1/12/12 2:27 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> maybe this is a dumb user question, maybe this is a bug report. As I am
>> not sure, I hope someone with more knowledge can comment on this.
>>
>> I am experimenting with JSR88 deployment in AS7 (which now has the great
>> benefit that the deployed app is still alive after a server reboot now
>> ;-) )
>>
>> My code is based on a JBoss test:
>> https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/testsuite/integration/smoke/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/smoke/jsr88/EnterpriseDeploymentTestCase.java
>>

>> JBoss version is 7.0.1CR1.
>>
>> My JSR88 deployer code worked fine for JBoss 4.2 to 6, and with some
>> minor changes (mostly imports) I could port it to AS7. But with AS7
>> undeploy does not seem to work.
>>
>> Attached is the output of the JBoss client side at TRACE level.
>>
>> Everything seems fine, but on the server side, I don't see "app xyz was
>> undeployed" console output, and "standalone.xml" still contains the
>> deployed app.
>>
>> <deployments>
>> <deployment name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear"
>> runtime-name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear">
>> <content sha1="260d86890eb6b1716facde0e7e48819fe3c98f83"/>
>> </deployment>
>> </deployments>
>>
>> The only server output is a "remote connection was closed by remote
>> side" warning message, which also happens on JSR88 deploy.
>>
>> I can provide you with a full working sample of my small app if
>> necessary, but this would need a bit of refactoring :-(
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Wolfgang

Re: JSR88 undeployment

It's misleading, that's actually the 7.1 branch, we just never renamed
the jenkins job.

On 1/12/12 2:45 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this the 7.0 branch I assume. Is there also a nightly build for 7.1?
>
> The AS7.1 libs differ too much from the 7.0.1GA libs, so my code
> currently only works for AS7.1.0CR1.
>
> Maybe I won't find time to dig further into this before sunday.
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
> Von: Jason T. Greene<[hidden email]>
> An: Wolfgang Knauf<[hidden email]>
> CC: [hidden email]
> Datum: 12.01.2012 21:38
>
>> Hmm, we had a serious bug in our protocol layer that might be the cause.
>> Can you give the following a try:?
>>
>> https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-7.0.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/target/jboss-7.0.x.zip
>>

>> On 1/12/12 2:27 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> maybe this is a dumb user question, maybe this is a bug report. As I am
>>> not sure, I hope someone with more knowledge can comment on this.
>>>
>>> I am experimenting with JSR88 deployment in AS7 (which now has the great
>>> benefit that the deployed app is still alive after a server reboot now
>>> ;-) )
>>>
>>> My code is based on a JBoss test:
>>> https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/testsuite/integration/smoke/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/smoke/jsr88/EnterpriseDeploymentTestCase.java
>>>

>>> JBoss version is 7.0.1CR1.
>>>
>>> My JSR88 deployer code worked fine for JBoss 4.2 to 6, and with some
>>> minor changes (mostly imports) I could port it to AS7. But with AS7
>>> undeploy does not seem to work.
>>>
>>> Attached is the output of the JBoss client side at TRACE level.
>>>
>>> Everything seems fine, but on the server side, I don't see "app xyz was
>>> undeployed" console output, and "standalone.xml" still contains the
>>> deployed app.
>>>
>>> <deployments>
>>> <deployment name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear"
>>> runtime-name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear">
>>> <content sha1="260d86890eb6b1716facde0e7e48819fe3c98f83"/>
>>> </deployment>
>>> </deployments>
>>>
>>> The only server output is a "remote connection was closed by remote
>>> side" warning message, which also happens on JSR88 deploy.
>>>
>>> I can provide you with a full working sample of my small app if
>>> necessary, but this would need a bit of refactoring :-(
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Wolfgang

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Jaikiran Pai
To avoid confusion with the job name, we did create a separate job
without the 7.0.x reference https://community.jboss.org/thread/167590

-Jaikiran
On Friday 13 January 2012 02:37 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> It's misleading, that's actually the 7.1 branch, we just never renamed
> the jenkins job.
>
> On 1/12/12 2:45 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this the 7.0 branch I assume. Is there also a nightly build for 7.1?
>>
>> The AS7.1 libs differ too much from the 7.0.1GA libs, so my code
>> currently only works for AS7.1.0CR1.
>>
>> Maybe I won't find time to dig further into this before sunday.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
>> Von: Jason T. Greene<[hidden email]>
>> An: Wolfgang Knauf<[hidden email]>
>> CC: [hidden email]
>> Datum: 12.01.2012 21:38
>>
>>> Hmm, we had a serious bug in our protocol layer that might be the cause.
>>> Can you give the following a try:?
>>>
>>> https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-7.0.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/target/jboss-7.0.x.zip

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Thomas Diesler
Hi Wolfgang,

I just tested this with 7.1.0.CR1 (see attached server log) - everything seems to be in order on fedora.
We currently have however a critical issue on windows (AS7-2392) that might be related to what you are seeing.

I suggest, we wait for Brian to clear this up and then have another look to see if your issue is still there.

cheers
-thomas

On 01/12/2012 09:27 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
[...]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Diesler
JBoss OSGi Lead
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jsr88-server.log (12K) Download Attachment

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Wolfgang Knauf
Hi Thomas,

I downloaded the latest AS7.1.0 build, but it did not show any difference.

Attached ("JSR88Test.zip") is my deployer code as a self running sample,
including the EAR file for deployment.
To run it:
1) Import project in Eclipse.
2) Update build paths.
3) Compile (ignore my two warnings - they are just markers for myself)
4) edit "build.xml" and modify the property "serverRootDirectory" to
point to your JBoss installation
5) open "build.xml" using Eclipse and run the target "deploy.j2ee.ear"
=> app "Stateless.ear" (included in project root directory) should be
deployed
6) run the target "undeploy.j2ee.ear" => app should be undeployed, but
this does not work

Deploy works, but undeploy fails without any server "helpful" console ouput.

In AS Console are a few outputs like this (I see them on deploy, but
also on undeploy):
21:21:50,140 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote] (Remoting
"mycomputername:MANAGEMENT" read-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection
failed: java.io.IOException: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom
Remotehost geschlossen

The latter translates to: "An existing connection was closed by the
remote host".

Probably it is just me having overseen something when copying code from
your deployment test case :-(.

Best regards

Wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Thomas Diesler <[hidden email]>
An: Wolfgang Knauf <[hidden email]>
CC: [hidden email]
Datum: 13.01.2012 09:51

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I just tested this with 7.1.0.CR1 (see attached server log) - everything
> seems to be in order on fedora.
> We currently have however a critical issue on windows (AS7-2392
> <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2392>) that might be related to
> what you are seeing.
>
> I suggest, we wait for Brian to clear this up and then have another look
> to see if your issue is still there.
>
> cheers
> -thomas
>

> On 01/12/2012 09:27 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> maybe this is a dumb user question, maybe this is a bug report. As I
>> am not sure, I hope someone with more knowledge can comment on this.
>>
>> I am experimenting with JSR88 deployment in AS7 (which now has the
>> great benefit that the deployed app is still alive after a server
>> reboot now ;-) )
>>
>> My code is based on a JBoss test:
>> https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/testsuite/integration/smoke/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/smoke/jsr88/EnterpriseDeploymentTestCase.java
>>

>> JBoss version is 7.0.1CR1.
>>
>> My JSR88 deployer code worked fine for JBoss 4.2 to 6, and with some
>> minor changes (mostly imports) I could port it to AS7. But with AS7
>> undeploy does not seem to work.
>>
>> Attached is the output of the JBoss client side at TRACE level.
>>
>> Everything seems fine, but on the server side, I don't see "app xyz
>> was undeployed" console output, and "standalone.xml" still contains
>> the deployed app.
>>
>> <deployments>
>> <deployment
>> name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear"
>> runtime-name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear">
>> <content sha1="260d86890eb6b1716facde0e7e48819fe3c98f83"/>
>> </deployment>
>> </deployments>
>>
>> The only server output is a "remote connection was closed by remote
>> side" warning message, which also happens on JSR88 deploy.
>>
>> I can provide you with a full working sample of my small app if
>> necessary, but this would need a bit of refactoring :-(
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Wolfgang

> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thomas Diesler
> JBoss OSGi Lead
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JSR88Test.zip (41K) Download Attachment

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Jaikiran Pai
FWIW, this exact error has been reported (only) on Windows OS even in
the context of EJB invocations, by many users
https://community.jboss.org/message/646272#646272

-Jaikiran
On Saturday 14 January 2012 02:17 AM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> [...]
>>> undeploy does not seem to work.
>>>
>>> Attached is the output of the JBoss client side at TRACE level.
>>>
>>> Everything seems fine, but on the server side, I don't see "app xyz
>>> was undeployed" console output, and "standalone.xml" still contains
>>> the deployed app.
>>>
>>> <deployments>
>>> <deployment
>>> name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear"
>>> runtime-name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear">
>>> <content sha1="260d86890eb6b1716facde0e7e48819fe3c98f83"/>
>>> </deployment>
>>> </deployments>
>>>
>>> The only server output is a "remote connection was closed by remote
>>> side" warning message, which also happens on JSR88 deploy.
>>>
>>> I can provide you with a full working sample of my small app if
>>> necessary, but this would need a bit of refactoring :-(

Hi to anybody who followed this.

Are there updates?
Is the "remote connection was closed" error the reason for the
"undeploy" not working?
Or is it caused by https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2392
Or somet different reason?

Best regards

Wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email]
Datum: 14.01.2012 04:39

> FWIW, this exact error has been reported (only) on Windows OS even in
> the context of EJB invocations, by many users
> https://community.jboss.org/message/646272#646272
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Saturday 14 January 2012 02:17 AM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> I downloaded the latest AS7.1.0 build, but it did not show any
>> difference.
>>
>> Attached ("JSR88Test.zip") is my deployer code as a self running
>> sample, including the EAR file for deployment.
>> To run it:
>> 1) Import project in Eclipse.
>> 2) Update build paths.
>> 3) Compile (ignore my two warnings - they are just markers for myself)
>> 4) edit "build.xml" and modify the property "serverRootDirectory" to
>> point to your JBoss installation
>> 5) open "build.xml" using Eclipse and run the target "deploy.j2ee.ear"
>> => app "Stateless.ear" (included in project root directory) should be
>> deployed
>> 6) run the target "undeploy.j2ee.ear" => app should be undeployed, but
>> this does not work
>>
>> Deploy works, but undeploy fails without any server "helpful" console
>> ouput.
>>

>> In AS Console are a few outputs like this (I see them on deploy, but
>> also on undeploy):
>> 21:21:50,140 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote] (Remoting
>> "mycomputername:MANAGEMENT" read-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection
>> failed: java.io.IOException: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom
>> Remotehost geschlossen
>>

>> The latter translates to: "An existing connection was closed by the
>> remote host".
>>

>> Probably it is just me having overseen something when copying code
>> from your deployment test case :-(.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
>> Von: Thomas Diesler <[hidden email]>
>> An: Wolfgang Knauf <[hidden email]>
>> CC: [hidden email]
>> Datum: 13.01.2012 09:51
>>
>>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>>
>>> I just tested this with 7.1.0.CR1 (see attached server log) - everything
>>> seems to be in order on fedora.
>>> We currently have however a critical issue on windows (AS7-2392
>>> <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2392>) that might be related to
>>> what you are seeing.
>>>
>>> I suggest, we wait for Brian to clear this up and then have another look
>>> to see if your issue is still there.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> -thomas

>>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Thomas Diesler
>>> JBoss OSGi Lead
>>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
>>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Brian Stansberry
The https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2392 fix I did was not related
to any "remote connection was closed" error or even to undeploy. It was
a problem with our management client code not closing FileInputStreams
it opened, leading to file locking problems on Windows.

So you're seeing some other problem.

On 1/18/12 3:07 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> Hi to anybody who followed this.
>
> Are there updates?
> Is the "remote connection was closed" error the reason for the
> "undeploy" not working?
> Or is it caused by https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2392
> Or somet different reason?
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
> Von: Jaikiran Pai<[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Datum: 14.01.2012 04:39
>
>> FWIW, this exact error has been reported (only) on Windows OS even in
>> the context of EJB invocations, by many users
>> https://community.jboss.org/message/646272#646272
>>
>> -Jaikiran
>> On Saturday 14 January 2012 02:17 AM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>>> Hi Thomas,
>>>
>>> I downloaded the latest AS7.1.0 build, but it did not show any
>>> difference.
>>>
>>> Attached ("JSR88Test.zip") is my deployer code as a self running
>>> sample, including the EAR file for deployment.
>>> To run it:
>>> 1) Import project in Eclipse.
>>> 2) Update build paths.
>>> 3) Compile (ignore my two warnings - they are just markers for myself)
>>> 4) edit "build.xml" and modify the property "serverRootDirectory" to
>>> point to your JBoss installation
>>> 5) open "build.xml" using Eclipse and run the target "deploy.j2ee.ear"
>>> =>  app "Stateless.ear" (included in project root directory) should be
>>> deployed
>>> 6) run the target "undeploy.j2ee.ear" =>  app should be undeployed, but
>>> this does not work
>>>
>>> Deploy works, but undeploy fails without any server "helpful" console
>>> ouput.
>>>

>>> In AS Console are a few outputs like this (I see them on deploy, but
>>> also on undeploy):
>>> 21:21:50,140 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote] (Remoting
>>> "mycomputername:MANAGEMENT" read-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection
>>> failed: java.io.IOException: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom
>>> Remotehost geschlossen
>>>

>>> The latter translates to: "An existing connection was closed by the
>>> remote host".
>>>

>>> Probably it is just me having overseen something when copying code
>>> from your deployment test case :-(.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>>>
>>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>> Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
>>> Von: Thomas Diesler<[hidden email]>
>>> An: Wolfgang Knauf<[hidden email]>
>>> CC: [hidden email]
>>> Datum: 13.01.2012 09:51

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Wolfgang Knauf
I made some progress on analysing the problem, but still I am not sure
whether it's a bug you mine or of JBoss...

After deploy, I get a TargetModuleID from the ProgressObject.
TargetModuleID[] modules = myProgressObject.getResultTargetModuleIDs();

If i perform an undeploy directly after deploying *using this
TargetModuleID" array*, it works.

This is an array with one item. The output of "toString" for this items
is this:
[target=http://org.jboss.as.ee.deployment/jsr88?targetType=as7&serverHost=localhost&serverPort=9999,parent=null,type=ear,id=file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear]

But in my undeploy job, I call "DeploymentManager.getAvailableModules"
and search a file matching my name.
So I find this module ("toString" output):
[target=http://org.jboss.as.ee.deployment/jsr88?targetType=as7&serverHost=localhost&serverPort=9999,parent=null,type=ear,id=file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear]

It seems to be identical to the above output, but undeploying a
TargetModule array with this one item does not work.

Best regards

Wolfgang

> On 1/18/12 3:07 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>> Hi to anybody who followed this.
>>
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
>> Von: Jaikiran Pai<[hidden email]>
>> Datum: 14.01.2012 04:39
>>
>>> FWIW, this exact error has been reported (only) on Windows OS even in
>>> the context of EJB invocations, by many users
>>> https://community.jboss.org/message/646272#646272
>>>
>>> -Jaikiran

Re: JSR88 undeployment

That really sounds like a bug. What do you think Thomas?

On 1/19/12 3:01 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> I made some progress on analysing the problem, but still I am not sure
> whether it's a bug you mine or of JBoss...
>

> After deploy, I get a TargetModuleID from the ProgressObject.
> TargetModuleID[] modules = myProgressObject.getResultTargetModuleIDs();
>
> If i perform an undeploy directly after deploying *using this
> TargetModuleID" array*, it works.
>
> This is an array with one item. The output of "toString" for this items
> is this:
> [target=http://org.jboss.as.ee.deployment/jsr88?targetType=as7&serverHost=localhost&serverPort=9999,parent=null,type=ear,id=file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear]
>

> But in my undeploy job, I call "DeploymentManager.getAvailableModules"
> and search a file matching my name.
> So I find this module ("toString" output):
> [target=http://org.jboss.as.ee.deployment/jsr88?targetType=as7&serverHost=localhost&serverPort=9999,parent=null,type=ear,id=file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear]
>
> It seems to be identical to the above output, but undeploying a
> TargetModule array with this one item does not work.
>

> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang
>
>> On 1/18/12 3:07 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>>> Hi to anybody who followed this.
>>>
>>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>> Betreff: Re: [jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment
>>> Von: Jaikiran Pai<[hidden email]>
>>> Datum: 14.01.2012 04:39

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Wolfgang Knauf
I created a JIRA (sorry for the delay, my community login broke and I
had to contact JBoss support):

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3474

Could someone with sufficient privileges assign it to Thomas Diesler, if
he is the responsible guy for this ;-)?

Best regards

Wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Jason T. Greene <[hidden email]>
An: Wolfgang Knauf <[hidden email]>
CC: [hidden email]
Datum: 19.01.2012 23:28

> That really sounds like a bug. What do you think Thomas?
>
> On 1/19/12 3:01 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>> I made some progress on analysing the problem, but still I am not sure
>> whether it's a bug you mine or of JBoss...
>>

>> After deploy, I get a TargetModuleID from the ProgressObject.
>> TargetModuleID[] modules = myProgressObject.getResultTargetModuleIDs();
>>
>> If i perform an undeploy directly after deploying *using this
>> TargetModuleID" array*, it works.
>>
>> This is an array with one item. The output of "toString" for this items
>> is this:
>> [target=http://org.jboss.as.ee.deployment/jsr88?targetType=as7&serverHost=localhost&serverPort=9999,parent=null,type=ear,id=file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear]
>>

>> But in my undeploy job, I call "DeploymentManager.getAvailableModules"
>> and search a file matching my name.
>> So I find this module ("toString" output):
>> [target=http://org.jboss.as.ee.deployment/jsr88?targetType=as7&serverHost=localhost&serverPort=9999,parent=null,type=ear,id=file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear]
>>

>> It seems to be identical to the above output, but undeploying a
>> TargetModule array with this one item does not work.
>>

>> Best regards
>>
>> Wolfgang

Re: JSR88 undeployment

Thomas Diesler