Jboss7 modular jsf application

Δήμητρα Κωνσταντινίδου

Hi,

We are trying to build a modular jsf application. The application consists of a war file and several jar files. Each jar file contains .xhtml pages , associated beans and configuration files like faces-config.xml, web-fragment.xml and pretty-config.xml . The jar files are deployed independently of the war file. Also, they are declared as dependencies in the war’s jboss-deployment-structure.xml.

However, the pretty-faces mappings which are declared in the jar’s pretty-config.xml are getting ignored. Also, the named beans that are located inside the jars resolve always to null  (the jar file includes a beans.xml). In jboss6 we did not had the above issues, although the jars were not scanned for JSF annotations and the FacesContext seemed to be null. Is it possible to deploy an application with the above configuration in jboss7?

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Jboss7 modular jsf application

Jaikiran Pai
I'm not too sure, but I don't think the spec allows this kind of
deployment. i.e. plain jar files outside of a .war containing the
web-fragment.xml. I think, for this to work, you'll have to include
those jars within the .war/WEB-INF/lib.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 06 July 2011 05:53 PM, Δήμητρα Κωνσταντινίδου wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to build a modular jsf application. The application
> consists of a war file and several jar files. Each jar file contains
> .xhtml pages , associated beans and configuration files like
> faces-config.xml, web-fragment.xml and pretty-config.xml . The jar
> files are deployed independently of the war file. Also, they are
> declared as dependencies in the war’s jboss-deployment-structure.xml.
>
> However, the pretty-faces mappings which are declared in the jar’s
> pretty-config.xml are getting ignored. Also, the named beans that are
> located inside the jars resolve always to null  (the jar file includes
> a beans.xml). In jboss6 we did not had the above issues, although the
> jars were not scanned for JSF annotations and the FacesContext seemed
> to be null. Is it possible to deploy an application with the above
> configuration in jboss7?
>
> I would appreciate your help.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Re: Jboss7 modular jsf application

Rémy Maucherat
On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 18:51 +0530, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> I'm not too sure, but I don't think the spec allows this kind of
> deployment. i.e. plain jar files outside of a .war containing the
> web-fragment.xml. I think, for this to work, you'll have to include
> those jars within the .war/WEB-INF/lib.

That's correct. Standalone JARs are never webapps.

--
Remy Maucherat <[hidden email]>
Red Hat Inc