Karaf <-> AS integration

David Lloyd-2
Attention all - until further notice, any pull requests with the express
or implied purpose of integrating Karaf into AS will be rejected or
reverted by me.

This integration is off the table until all concerned parties have an
opportunity to discuss, in detail, the requirements, implications, and
design of how we could possibly make this work.

Thank you, carry on

Re: Karaf <-> AS integration

Jason T. Greene
If we are talking about bringing Karaf into AS core I would go further and say that it would go against several goals of this project (and just wont happen).

If the discussion was just about answering technical questions about some external project consuming it, that's another matter.

On Sep 14, 2012, at 11:26 AM, "David M. Lloyd" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Attention all - until further notice, any pull requests with the express
> or implied purpose of integrating Karaf into AS will be rejected or
> reverted by me.
>
> This integration is off the table until all concerned parties have an
> opportunity to discuss, in detail, the requirements, implications, and
> design of how we could possibly make this work.
>
> Thank you, carry on
> --
> - DML

Re: Karaf <-> AS integration

Thomas Diesler
Yes, we don't want to bring Karaf to the AS core. However, as with any
other OSGi bundle AS7 should not preclude their deployment. As Kevin,
who works on the ESB, points out - Karaf seems to be the standard of how
folks like to manage their OSGi runtime. Karaf seems to be coming up
related to a number of accounts and I like to see it work if folks wish
to do so.

cheers
--thomas

On 09/15/2012 12:53 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> If we are talking about bringing Karaf into AS core I would go further and say that it would go against several goals of this project (and just wont happen).
>
> If the discussion was just about answering technical questions about some external project consuming it, that's another matter.
>
> On Sep 14, 2012, at 11:26 AM, "David M. Lloyd" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Attention all - until further notice, any pull requests with the express
>> or implied purpose of integrating Karaf into AS will be rejected or
>> reverted by me.
>>
>> This integration is off the table until all concerned parties have an
>> opportunity to discuss, in detail, the requirements, implications, and
>> design of how we could possibly make this work.
>>
>> Thank you, carry on
>> --
>> - DML

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx