Key dates for WildFly 18

Brian Stansberry
We've been working on WildFly 18 for a little over a month now, and I'm past due to announce the expected schedule.  We've been monitoring developments with Jakarta EE 8, work on which is heading into the home stretch. If it goes final in time we'd like to both certify WildFly 18 at release[1] and base our EE API jars on the Jakarta projects.[2] Please recall that the Java EE 8 and Jakarta EE 8 API jars are meant to be binary equivalent, so this change should not introduce runtime behavior differences.

Anyway, here are the key dates in the WildFly 18 schedule:

  • Fri, Aug 30  — PRs ready for merge for all features coming in via WildFly Core
  • Tue, Sept 3 — All features ready for merge
  • Wed, Sept 4 — WildFly 18 Beta. No new features after this date.
  • Fri, Sept 13  — All changes for WildFly Core ready
  • Tue, Sept 17 — All changes for WildFly ready
  • Thu, Sept 19  — WildFly 18 Final released

  • WildFly Core should continue to produce betas every couple of weeks; just today Jeff Mesnil released 10.0.0.Beta2.[3]

    Best regards,
    Brian

    Re: Key dates for WildFly 18

    Rostislav Svoboda
    Hi Brian.

    Is there an umbrella jira for all the Jakarta EE 8 tasks needed to be done for WildFly 18?

    Rostislav

    On 17 Jul 2019, at 21:57, Brian Stansberry <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

    Hi Rosta,

    There are the two I linked. As other details come up we'll add them.

    Best regards,
    Brian

    On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 5:47 AM Rostislav Svoboda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

    Red Hat

    Re: Key dates for WildFly 18

    Rostislav Svoboda

    On 22 Jul 2019, at 16:16, Brian Stansberry <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi Rosta,

    There are the two I linked. As other details come up we'll add them.

    Thanks Brian, I assume JIRA for BOMs and JIRA for Quickstarts will appear soon too.
    WF docs will need some adjustments, WildFly site too, I should stop … :)

    On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 9:40 AM Rostislav Svoboda <[hidden email]> wrote:

    On 22 Jul 2019, at 16:16, Brian Stansberry <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi Rosta,

    There are the two I linked. As other details come up we'll add them.

    Thanks Brian, I assume JIRA for BOMs and JIRA for Quickstarts will appear soon too.
    WF docs will need some adjustments, WildFly site too, I should stop … :)

    Please continue; it's useful. :)

    On 22 Jul 2019, at 16:42, Brian Stansberry <[hidden email]> wrote:

    On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 9:40 AM Rostislav Svoboda <[hidden email]> wrote:

    On 22 Jul 2019, at 16:16, Brian Stansberry <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi Rosta,

    There are the two I linked. As other details come up we'll add them.

    Thanks Brian, I assume JIRA for BOMs and JIRA for Quickstarts will appear soon too.
    WF docs will need some adjustments, WildFly site too, I should stop … :)

    Please continue; it's useful. :)

    ok, just few smaller things:

    https://docs.wildfly.org/ - Java EE Version header

    https://twitter.com/WildFlyAS - description on the left