Latest WildFly Elytron Test Results - 2017-03-05

Latest WildFly Elytron Test Results - 2017-03-05

Darran Lofthouse
Here are the latest test results after the most recent round of merges: -

https://ci.wildfly.org/viewLog.html?buildId=48664&buildTypeId=WF_MasterNewInvocationTests&tab=buildResultsDiv

We currently have 27 test failures, this is an increase on the last
count but is also expected due to recent changes.  These additional
failures are in tests that were failing at the time of the original
invocation merge and are not new tests.

org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.EPCPropagationTestCase.testNoTxEPCPropagation
org.jboss.as.test.integration.naming.ldap.LdapUrlInSearchBaseTestCase.testDir
org.jboss.as.test.integration.naming.ldap.LdapUrlInSearchBaseTestCase.testLdap
org.jboss.as.test.integration.security.loginmodules.RemotingLoginModuleTestCase.testNotAuthorizedClient
org.jboss.as.test.integration.security.loginmodules.RemotingLoginModuleTestCase.testAuthorizedClient
org.jboss.as.test.integration.security.loginmodules.RemotingLoginModuleUseNewClientCertTestCase.testNotAuthorizedClient
org.jboss.as.test.integration.security.loginmodules.RemotingLoginModuleUseNewClientCertTestCase.testAuthorizedClient
org.jboss.as.test.iiop.transaction.TransactionIIOPInvocationTestCase.testRollbackOnlyBeforeCompletion
org.jboss.as.test.iiop.transaction.TransactionIIOPInvocationTestCase.testSynchronizationSucceeded
org.jboss.as.test.iiop.transaction.TransactionIIOPInvocationTestCase.testRollbackOnly
org.jboss.as.test.iiop.transaction.TransactionIIOPInvocationTestCase.testSynchronizationFailed
org.jboss.as.test.iiop.transaction.timeout.IIOPTimeoutTestCase.timeoutStateful
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.dispatcher.CommandDispatcherTestCase(SYNC-tcp).test
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.provider.ServiceProviderRegistrationTestCase(SYNC-tcp).test
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.registry.RegistryTestCase(SYNC-tcp).test
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testGracefulShutdownConcurrentFailover
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testStatelessFailover
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testStatefulFailover
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testSecureStatelessFailover
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testClientException
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.provider.ServiceProviderRegistrationTestCase.test
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.dispatcher.CommandDispatcherTestCase.test
org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.registry.RegistryTestCase.test
org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testRollbackOnlyBeforeCompletion
org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testSynchronizationSucceeded
org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testServerToServerSFSBInvocation
org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testSFSBPassivationWithScopedEJBProxyMemberInstances

Re: Latest WildFly Elytron Test Results - 2017-03-05

Scott Marlow
I couldn't reproduce the
org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.EPCPropagationTestCase
failure locally, using wildfly master.  Do I need to use the Elytron
integration branches to recreate?

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Darran Lofthouse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testClientException
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.provider.ServiceProviderRegistrationTestCase.test
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.dispatcher.CommandDispatcherTestCase.test
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.registry.RegistryTestCase.test
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testRollbackOnlyBeforeCompletion
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testSynchronizationSucceeded
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testServerToServerSFSBInvocation
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testSFSBPassivationWithScopedEJBProxyMemberInstances

Re: Latest WildFly Elytron Test Results - 2017-03-05

Tomaž Cerar-2
you need to run testsuite with -Dwildfly.tmp.enable.invocation.tests=true parameter.

--
tomaz

I couldn't reproduce the

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testClientException
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.provider.ServiceProviderRegistrationTestCase.test
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.dispatcher.CommandDispatcherTestCase.test
> org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.registry.RegistryTestCase.test
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testRollbackOnlyBeforeCompletion
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testSynchronizationSucceeded
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testServerToServerSFSBInvocation
> org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testSFSBPassivationWithScopedEJBProxyMemberInstances

Re: Latest WildFly Elytron Test Results - 2017-03-05

Thanks Tomaz, that helps me recreate it!

It looks like the AssociationListener registered in
org.jboss.as.txn.service.TransactionManagerService.start(StartContext)
is calling registry.userTransactionStarted() when the passed
transaction is not a user transaction (e.g. CMT).  We should only call
registry.userTransactionStarted() when there is an active user
transaction (e.g. BMT).  [1] shows the call stack.

If I remove the call to registry.userTransactionStarted(),
org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.EPCPropagationTestCase
passes.  That is just a quick hack and not the right fix.  Is there a
way for TransactionManagerService to distinguish between BMT + CMT?

Scott

[1] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/sdR0-0gPY4VqqSl34Iqhyl5M1UNdIGYhyRLivL9gydE=

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:42 AM, Tomaž Cerar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>> > org.jboss.as.test.clustering.cluster.ejb.remote.RemoteFailoverTestCase(SYNC-tcp).testClientException
>> >
>> > org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.provider.ServiceProviderRegistrationTestCase.test
>> >
>> > org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.dispatcher.CommandDispatcherTestCase.test
>> > org.jboss.as.test.clustering.single.registry.RegistryTestCase.test
>> >
>> > org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testRollbackOnlyBeforeCompletion
>> >
>> > org.jboss.as.test.multinode.transaction.TransactionInvocationTestCase.testSynchronizationSucceeded
>> >
>> > org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testServerToServerSFSBInvocation
>> >
>> > org.jboss.as.test.multinode.remotecall.scoped.context.DynamicJNDIContextEJBInvocationTestCase.testSFSBPassivationWithScopedEJBProxyMemberInstances

Re: Latest WildFly Elytron Test Results - 2017-03-05

I'll try checking if the passed transaction implements the
UserTransaction interface and if yes, then call
userTransactionStarted().

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Scott Marlow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Tomaz, that helps me recreate it!
>
> It looks like the AssociationListener registered in
> org.jboss.as.txn.service.TransactionManagerService.start(StartContext)
> is calling registry.userTransactionStarted() when the passed
> transaction is not a user transaction (e.g. CMT).  We should only call
> registry.userTransactionStarted() when there is an active user
> transaction (e.g. BMT).  [1] shows the call stack.
>
> If I remove the call to registry.userTransactionStarted(),
> org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.EPCPropagationTestCase
> passes.  That is just a quick hack and not the right fix.  Is there a
> way for TransactionManagerService to distinguish between BMT + CMT?
>
> Scott
>
> [1] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/sdR0-0gPY4VqqSl34Iqhyl5M1UNdIGYhyRLivL9gydE=
>
> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:42 AM, Tomaž Cerar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> you need to run testsuite with -Dwildfly.tmp.enable.invocation.tests=true
>> parameter.
>>
>> --
>> tomaz
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Scott Marlow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I couldn't reproduce the
>>> org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.EPCPropagationTestCase
>>> failure locally, using wildfly master.  Do I need to use the Elytron
>>> integration branches to recreate?

Re: Latest WildFly Elytron Test Results - 2017-03-05

Scott Marlow
org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.EPCPropagationTestCase
passes for me now, with David's fixes
(https://github.com/dmlloyd/wildfly/commits/txn-client-creation +
https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-transaction-client)!