Location of server write dirs in a managed domain

Location of server write dirs in a managed domain

Brian Stansberry
This relates to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2342, particularly
Fernando Nasser's comment thereon.

By default in a managed domain we store each server's writable
directories (data, log, and tmp) underneath domain/server/<server-name>.
The proposal is to provide an option(1) to instead group the output
based on the type of output:

domain/data/servers/<server-name>
domain/tmp/servers/<server-name>
domain/log/servers/<server-name>

I'm fine with that as long as it's easy to configure. Users could
configure this now using a bunch of <system-property> elements in each
host.xml <server> element, but that's not a practical solution

A think a single piece of configuration in host.xml is sufficient to
control this (i.e. there is no need to independently configure it for
each server.

<host>
  <servers group-server-output-by-type="true">
    <server ...>

The DMR representation would be an attribute on the root resource for
the host (e.g. on /host=xyz).

If anyone has a better name for the attribute, I'd love to hear it.

(1) An option because the current directory structure has been in place
for over a year and 4 final releases now.

Re: Location of server write dirs in a managed domain

> <host>
>    <servers group-server-output-by-type="true">
>      <server ...>

<servers directory-grouping="by-type">
..or "by-server" or "by-zodiac" or whatever.