Looking for migration expertise in a few areas

Looking for migration expertise in a few areas

Sande Gilda
Based on the review of the content specification document for Migration from EAP 5.x to EAP 6, it looks like I'm lacking in material for the following topics. You can see the current list of all migration topics and information here: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7. Keep in mind that purpose of this guide is to document only those changes that are necessary to successfully run and deploy EAP5.1 applications on EAP6, not to modify the applications to use the latest EAP 6 features and functions. Please feel free to update the document if you have additional information or correct anything that is wrong.  If you do not want to edit the document directly, please send information to me and I will make the changes.

Topic
Expert
Examples of JNDI mappings in previous releases and how they might look now ???
Migrate remote EJB clients to the EAP 6 client API Carlo DeWolf
Jaikiran Pai
???
Migrate EAP 5 deployed applications which make remote invocations to EAP6 ???
Update your JMS client code Andy Miller
Clebert Suconic
???
Changes you need to make for clustering in EAP 6 ???
Changes you need to make for security in EAP 6 ???
Migrate applications using jboss-beans.xml style deployments ???
Migrate applications using jboss-service.xml style deployments ???

If you have the expertise, know who I could talk to, or know where I can find material for any of the above topics, please let me know. Also, if you notice any migration issues or topics I might be missing, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks,
Sande

Re: Looking for migration expertise in a few areas

Marcus Moyses
I can help with the security changes.

On 08/22/2011 02:33 PM, Sande Gilda wrote:
[...]

JBoss Core Developer

Re: Looking for migration expertise in a few areas

Ales Justin
Ping me for the two below.

-Ales

Migrate applications using jboss-beans.xml style deployments ???
Migrate applications using jboss-service.xml style deployments ???

Re: Looking for migration expertise in a few areas

Andrig Miller
Sande,

     In terms of the JMS client code, we have actually committed to customers that they will not have to upgrade their HornetQ clients to move to EAP 6, if they are using HornetQ messaging.  Of course, if they are moving from JBoss Messaging, they will have to move to the HornetQ client code.

Andy

Re: Looking for migration expertise in a few areas

Sande Gilda
Andy,

Thanks for the info! I will contact you offline for details.

Sande

On 08/22/2011 04:37 PM, Andrig Miller wrote:
Sande,

     In terms of the JMS client code, we have actually committed to customers that they will not have to upgrade their HornetQ clients to move to EAP 6, if they are using HornetQ messaging.  Of course, if they are moving from JBoss Messaging, they will have to move to the HornetQ client code.

Andy

Re: Looking for migration expertise in a few areas

Bruno Georges
Sande,
I believe Stuart Douglas can help on JNDI and Paul Ferraro on Clustering.
Bruno.