Management ports not backed by socket-binding references?

Management ports not backed by socket-binding references?

Jaikiran Pai
I just noticed that the management port(s) aren't backed by
socket-binding references:

<management-interfaces>
<native-interface interface="management" port="9999"/>
<http-interface interface="management" port="9990"/>
</management-interfaces>

Is this intentional? I kind of remember some discussion around this but
can't find any thread/JIRA for reference. I just ran into a problem
while trying to start multiple AS7 (standalone) instances and realized
that the port-offset on the socket binding group (obviously) has no
effect on these 2 ports.

Are we planning to change this to be backed by socket-binding
references? It's probably going to affect some management operation
(just write-attribute?) but atleast it will be consistent with the rest
of the port handling.

Re: Management ports not backed by socket-binding references?

Brian Stansberry
It could be a socket binding reference on a standalone server, but it's
a chicken-and-egg thing on a Host Controller. The socket binding stuff
comes from domain.xml (and is a server config anyway) and a slave HC
needs to open the socket before it can contact the master DC to even
learn what's in domain.xml.

I know there's a JIRA about this (created by Scott Stark and assigned to
him) but I'm not sure if he was working on it.

On 11/1/11 1:44 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I just noticed that the management port(s) aren't backed by
> socket-binding references:
>
> <management-interfaces>
> <native-interface interface="management" port="9999"/>
> <http-interface interface="management" port="9990"/>
> </management-interfaces>
>

> Is this intentional? I kind of remember some discussion around this but
> can't find any thread/JIRA for reference. I just ran into a problem
> while trying to start multiple AS7 (standalone) instances and realized
> that the port-offset on the socket binding group (obviously) has no
> effect on these 2 ports.
>
> Are we planning to change this to be backed by socket-binding
> references? It's probably going to affect some management operation
> (just write-attribute?) but atleast it will be consistent with the rest
> of the port handling.
>
> -Jaikiran

Re: Management ports not backed by socket-binding references?

Jaikiran Pai
For future reference https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1476

-Jaikiran