Master is now 9.x!

After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.

Thanks!

Re: Master is now 9.x!

James Perkins
Yay!

On 05/12/2014 02:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:

> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

James R. Perkins

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Jorge Solórzano
Is there any special feature planned that deserve the jump to 9.x (ex. pre-Java EE 8 support, major rewrite or
leeding edge technology)
or just a jump into the wagon of rapid release cycle
like Firefox, Chrome and others?

Jorge Solórzano

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM, James R. Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yay!

On 05/12/2014 02:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

James R. Perkins

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Jason T. Greene
Hi Jorge,

That's a very astute observation. The answer is indeed both. The plan for WildFly is to have 6-9 month cycles and include the latest tech. So 9 will come much quicker than EE8 which is probably another 2-3 years away.

We have a laundry list of major-level feature requests in jira that were on the backburner due to EE7, so this is a great opportunity to make a dent them.

On May 12, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Jorge Solórzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there any special feature planned that deserve the jump to 9.x (ex. pre-Java EE 8 support, major rewrite or
leeding edge technology)
or just a jump into the wagon of rapid release cycle
like Firefox, Chrome and others?

Jorge Solórzano

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM, James R. Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yay!

On 05/12/2014 02:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

James R. Perkins

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Jorge Solórzano
Hi Jason,

This means that there will be a little sacrifice of stability....

Well every new cool feature is welcome :-)

Jorge Solórzano
http://www.jorsol.com

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Jason T. Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jorge,

That's a very astute observation. The answer is indeed both. The plan for WildFly is to have 6-9 month cycles and include the latest tech. So 9 will come much quicker than EE8 which is probably another 2-3 years away.

We have a laundry list of major-level feature requests in jira that were on the backburner due to EE7, so this is a great opportunity to make a dent them.

On May 12, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Jorge Solórzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there any special feature planned that deserve the jump to 9.x (ex. pre-Java EE 8 support, major rewrite or
leeding edge technology)
or just a jump into the wagon of rapid release cycle
like Firefox, Chrome and others?

Jorge Solórzano

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM, James R. Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yay!

On 05/12/2014 02:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

James R. Perkins

Re: Master is now 9.x!

The wildfly-next branch Kabir had been maintaining has been merged to
master.

On 5/12/14, 4:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:

> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Senior Principal Software Engineer

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Tristan Tarrant
Why would you think that ? A time-based release can be a very stable
thing: any features that are not ready before a cut-off date can get
postponed to the next release, without affecting either the schedule or
stability.

Tristan

On 13/05/2014 04:51, Jorge Solórzano wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> This means that there will be a little sacrifice of stability....
>
> Well every new cool feature is welcome :-)
>

> Jorge Solórzano
> http://www.jorsol.com
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Jason T. Greene <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Jorge,
>
>     That's a very astute observation. The answer is indeed both. The
>     plan for WildFly is to have 6-9 month cycles and include the
>     latest tech. So 9 will come much quicker than EE8 which is
>     probably another 2-3 years away.
>
>     We have a laundry list of major-level feature requests in jira
>     that were on the backburner due to EE7, so this is a great
>     opportunity to make a dent them.
>
>     On May 12, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Jorge Solórzano <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>>     Is there any special feature planned that deserve the jump to 9.x
>>     (ex. pre-Java EE 8 support, major rewrite or
>>     leeding edge technology)
>>     or just a jump into the wagon of rapid release cycle
>>     like Firefox, Chrome and others?
>>

>>     Jorge Solórzano
>>
>>     On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM, James R. Perkins
>>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         Yay!
>>
>>         On 05/12/2014 02:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
>>         > After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only
>>         blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for
>>         the new 8.x branch.
>>         >
>>         > Thanks!
>>         >
>>         > --
>>         > Jason T. Greene
>>         > WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
>>         > JBoss, a division of Red Hat
>>         >
>>         >
>>         > _______________________________________________
>>         > wildfly-dev mailing list
>>         > [hidden email]
>>         <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>         > https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/wildfly-dev
>>
>>         --
>>         James R. Perkins
>>         JBoss by Red Hat

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Have the changes made to master been ported to the new schemas in
Kabir's branch?

On 13/05/14 05:12, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> The wildfly-next branch Kabir had been maintaining has been merged to
> master.
>
> On 5/12/14, 4:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
>> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Jason T. Greene
>> WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Brian Stansberry
I don't see anything like that in the commit history, so no.

On 5/13/14, 6:33 AM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:

> Have the changes made to master been ported to the new schemas in
> Kabir's branch?
>
> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.
>

> On 13/05/14 05:12, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>> The wildfly-next branch Kabir had been maintaining has been merged to
>> master.
>>
>> On 5/12/14, 4:27 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
>>> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jason T. Greene
>>> WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
>>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Senior Principal Software Engineer

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Darran Lofthouse
Ok I will do a diff in a minute and check nothing is missing.

On 13/05/14 12:44, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> I don't see anything like that in the commit history, so no.
>
> On 5/13/14, 6:33 AM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
>> Have the changes made to master been ported to the new schemas in
>> Kabir's branch?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Darran Lofthouse.
>>

>> On 13/05/14 05:12, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>>> The wildfly-next branch Kabir had been maintaining has been merged to
>>> master.

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Brian Stansberry
You and Stefano both have pulled requests in Kabir's repo that
presumably should be resubmitted to the main repo.

On 5/13/14, 6:52 AM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:

> Ok I will do a diff in a minute and check nothing is missing.
>
> On 13/05/14 12:44, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>> I don't see anything like that in the commit history, so no.
>>
>> On 5/13/14, 6:33 AM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
>>> Have the changes made to master been ported to the new schemas in
>>> Kabir's branch?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Darran Lofthouse.

Senior Principal Software Engineer

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Darran Lofthouse
Yes I will create that one again, that is the one that made me realise
Kabir's branch didn't have all the WF 8 changes yet.

On 13/05/14 13:03, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> You and Stefano both have pulled requests in Kabir's repo that
> presumably should be resubmitted to the main repo.
>
> On 5/13/14, 6:52 AM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
>> Ok I will do a diff in a minute and check nothing is missing.
>>
>> On 13/05/14 12:44, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>>> I don't see anything like that in the commit history, so no.

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Dimitris Andreadis
Hurray!

On 12/05/2014 23:27, Jason Greene wrote:

> After the tag of CR2, master is now officially 9.x. Only blocker level patches for 8.1.0.Final will be accepted for the new 8.x branch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: Master is now 9.x!

Yey!

not we can let all the crazy ideas in :-))