Migration - Remote access / naming of EJB beans

Migration - Remote access / naming of EJB beans

Wolf-Dieter Fink
Hi all,

I'm looking for possibilities how to migrate an application from AS4/5
to AS7.1/EAP6 and try to document the todo's

Is there a possibility to avoid jboss-ejb-client.properties?
I miss the @RemoteBinding @LocalBinding annotation to set the JNDI name,
is is gone and no other one?

regards
Wolf

Re: Migration - Remote access / naming of EJB beans

Carlo de Wolf
On 02/13/2012 11:59 AM, Wolf-Dieter Fink wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for possibilities how to migrate an application from AS4/5
> to AS7.1/EAP6 and try to document the todo's
>
> Is there a possibility to avoid jboss-ejb-client.properties?
> I miss the @RemoteBinding @LocalBinding annotation to set the JNDI name,
> is is gone and no other one?

You can simply use @EJB on the bean class of which you want to define a
JNDI name.

https://community.jboss.org/message/647139

Carlo

> regards
> Wolf

Migration from WebLogic and WebSphere to JBoss EAP6/AS7

Robb Greathouse
Hi,

Is anyone working on or know of work on migration from WebLogic and/or WebSphere to JBoss.

Robb,

Re: Migration from WebLogic and WebSphere to JBoss EAP6/AS7

Sande Gilda
I am interested in this information too. Randy and I are both trying to
document this process.

On 02/23/2012 02:37 PM, Robb Greathouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone working on or know of work on migration from WebLogic and/or WebSphere to JBoss.
>
> Robb,

Re: Migration from WebLogic and WebSphere to JBoss EAP6/AS7

Stephen Coy
I've done a few of these for both WebLogic and WebSphere.

It can be a can of worms (because that's how a lot of applications seem to be written) and so there is only a very loose process that one can follow.

Counter-intuitively, a lot of the porting work happens on the source platform, where we fix things like:

  • moving to spec compliant class loading model
  • making all JNDI references use proper ENC names instead of global names

All bets are off if the application uses CMP.

Steve C