Modifying configuration using jboss-admin.sh

Modifying configuration using jboss-admin.sh

Darrin Mison
Trying to use the jboss-admin.sh to update configuration on standalone AS7 and think I'm missing either some documentation or I didn't understand it.

For this particular example I was trying to disable sub-deployment module isolation as described https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Class+Loading+in+AS7 but by using the admin CLI instead
of hand editing XML.

I can "cd" to the /subsystem=ee node fine.  I just don't know how to add new configuration.

I'm assuming this is possible, maybe in the API but not yet exposed in the tool?

--
Darrin Mison
"I'm not a JBoss Developer, I just play one on TV"

Re: Modifying configuration using jboss-admin.sh

Heiko Braun

right, it looks like the necessary operations are not exposed:

[domain@localhost:9999 /] /profile=web-base/subsystem=ee:read-resource
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "result" => {}
}
[domain@localhost:9999 /] /profile=web-base/subsystem=ee:read-resource-description
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "result" => {
        "description" => "The configuration of the EE subsystem.",
        "head-comment-allowed" => true,
        "tail-comment-allowed" => true,
        "namespace" => "urn:jboss:domain:ee:1.0"
    }
}

Ike

On Jun 29, 2011, at 3:59 AM, Darrin Mison wrote:

> Trying to use the jboss-admin.sh to update configuration on standalone AS7 and think I'm missing either some documentation or I didn't understand it.
>
> For this particular example I was trying to disable sub-deployment module isolation as described https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Class+Loading+in+AS7 but by using the admin CLI instead
> of hand editing XML.
>
> I can "cd" to the /subsystem=ee node fine.  I just don't know how to add new configuration.
>
> I'm assuming this is possible, maybe in the API but not yet exposed in the tool?
>
> --
> Darrin Mison
> "I'm not a JBoss Developer, I just play one on TV"
> Content Author - Engineering Content Services, Red Hat, Inc.
> RHCSA #111-092-417

Re: Modifying configuration using jboss-admin.sh

Darrin Mison
Ok, JIRA logged ;-)

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1139