Module terminology: static & dynamic

Darrin Mison
I noted in the first AS7 webinar (nice job btw) that the modules in the modules/ directory of the server were referred to as "static modules".  I haven't seen this terminology used before.  Would the modules defined by deployments be considered  "dynamic modules".  Is this appropriate terminology ?

Re: Module terminology: static & dynamic

Jason T. Greene
Yes a deployment has one or more modules that are dynamically created according to the structure/content in the deployment.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Darrin Mison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noted in the first AS7 webinar (nice job btw) that the modules in the modules/ directory of the server were referred to as "static modules".  I haven't seen this terminology used before.  Would the modules defined by deployments be considered  "dynamic modules".  Is this appropriate terminology ?

Glossary of terms (was Module terminology: static & dynamic)

Darrin Mison
I took the liberty of adding a glossary page with this item.   I'm sure someone has a better definition for this than me :-)

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Glossary

On 04/07/2011, at 10:26 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> Yes a deployment has one or more modules that are dynamically created according to the structure/content in the deployment.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 3, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Darrin Mison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I noted in the first AS7 webinar (nice job btw) that the modules in the modules/ directory of the server were referred to as "static modules".  I haven't seen this terminology used before.  Would the modules defined by deployments be considered  "dynamic modules".  Is this appropriate terminology ?

Darrin Mison
"I'm not a JBoss Developer, I just play one on TV"
Content Author - Engineering Content Services, Red Hat, Inc.
RHCSA #111-092-417